A state packed with casinos and poker rooms, Washington has no shortage of options to play cards in person. Online, things are a little muddier, but we’re going to break down online poker in Washington, highlighting where you can play and sites that you need to avoid.
Within this article, we’ve created an in-depth guide to Washington online poker and highlighted what we think are the best options to play online. We also debunk many online gambling myths within the state, allowing you to play at safe, secure, and more importantly, legal online poker sites.
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% up to $1,000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|150% Casino Bonus up to $1,500||Get Offer|
|Claim a $5,555 Welcome Bonus package||Get Offer|
|100% up to $1000 Deposit Bonus||Get Offer|
- 1 The Best Online Poker Washington Sites
- 2 Washington Online Poker Sites Reviewed
- 3 More on gambling in Washington…
- 4 Online Poker Washington – The Top Sites Compared
- 5 Is Online Poker Legal in Washington?
- 6 Washington Poker Laws
- 7 Washington Online Poker Laws
- 8 Washington Online Poker
- 9 Making Poker Online Washington Deposits
- 10 Playing Online Poker Washington
- 11 Tips for Online Poker Real Money – Washington
- 12 How to Play Online Poker in Washington
- 13 BestOnline Poker Washington Site
- 14 FAQ
The Best Online Poker Washington Sites
The list below highlights the best online poker sites in Washington. Our team has racked up hundreds of hours during the testing phase to cover dozens of platforms, before bringing you the sites that we think are the best.
It’s worth noting that, as we continue to test new online poker rooms that accept players from Washington, we will keep this list up to date.
- BetOnline – Best for online poker in Washington
- Bovada – Largest poker network for Washington players
- Sports Betting AG – Best for Online Poker Promo’s in Washington
- Ignition – Huge range of recreational poker players
- Everygame – Best software and table design
- Tiger Gaming – Best for existing player poker promotions
Washington Online Poker Sites Reviewed
To give you a little more info on how these poker rooms work, we’ve created a series of reviews. With each review, we’ve highlighted both what we like and what we think they can improve on. Like the list above, we will keep this section to date with any changes or features that the sites make.
1) BetOnline – Best for Online Poker in Washington
The BetOnline brand has been about since 2001 and are widely regarded as one of the prominent forces in the online gambling industry. The poker room was initially created on the back of the success of both sports and casinos, but these days it’s able to stand on its own as a highlight of the BetOnline package.
BetOnline is currently hosted on the Connective Games network. As a result, it’s able to offer a wide range of games that include 7-Card Stud, 32-Card Draw, Americana, Boost Poker, Six Plus Hold’em, Texas Hold’em and Windfall Poker. A strong addition has been Six Plus, where you play with a short deck of cards higher than a six.
Games at BetOnline are generally pretty good. They have a lot of overspill from its sports betting section, which means that players are low-skilled, for the most part. As you move up through the stakes, games improve, but we would still class them as weak compared to more mainstream networks.
Traffic is strong around the clock and in peak times will hit the mid-thousand mark. Even off-peak will generate around 800-1000 players, which is a good indication of a thriving poker room.
The software is decent, but it’s one of the weaker areas of the product. It looks a little dated and features are limited but does include a download option, table colors, deck colors, general themes, and sounds.
New accounts can claim a poker bonus worth up to $1,000. You need to use the BetOnline poker promo code NEWBOL to trigger the offer and then for every $50 you rake, you get $5 of your bonus paid back to your account as cash.
What we like:
- $1,000 poker bonus with low clearing rate
- Great traffic at both peak and off-peak hours
- Games are weak due to overspill from the sportsbook
- Good range of mixed game available
- Hosted on its own software so constant changes and improvements are made available
What we don’t:
- Platform lacks in terms of features
- No rakeback on offer
2) Bovada – Largest Poker Network for Washington Players
Online since 2004 and based out of Costa Rica, Bovada is widely regarded as one of the most well-known online poker rooms in the business. It accepts from 45/50 US states and it has the largest player traffic in the US.
The platform is based on the Winning Poker Network and while the network is far from perfect, it does a lot of things right. It comes with a classic version of the game in terms of graphics and even though some may argue this is a dated look, the usability is the best that we’ve tested as it keeps very simple.
Like BetOnline, Bovada has a lot of cross-traffic from its casino and sports betting platform. This means that the games are better than most in that, players are generally weak.
Games include Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Razz, Seven Card Stud, and Three Card Stud. These are implemented into a series of ring games (9/6/2 max tables), sit and go’s, and multi-table tournaments (MTTs).
The range of promotions throughout is huge and the welcome bonus is a standout. You can get a 100% deposit match up to $500 when you create a new account. To unlock the bonus, you need to earn 150 reward points for $5 of your bonus and you have 30 days to clear the full balance.
What we like:
- $500 welcomr bonus for new poker players
- Part of the largest US poker network
- Huge range of features including fold fast and anonymous tables
- Dedicated poker app for real money
- Lots of banking options and fast payouts
What we don’t:
- Can’t access full range of tournaments via the app
- Software could be improved in terms of aesthetics
3) Sports Betting AG – Best for Online Poker Promo’s in Washington
Sports Betting AG has been a great addition to online poker in Washington. A site that is probably best known for its role in sports betting, the brand has been able to set up an exciting poker room to accompany what was an already impressive sports and casino package.
It’s hosted on the BetOnline network, after splitting from the Chico Network back in 2016. It’s not the biggest in terms of players, but the software that comes with it is modern and includes just enough features to keep things interesting.
The software allows for the inclusion of a HUD, which is both good and bad. If you need to track hands and play, then it’s going to benefit, however, this will attract “better” players, so the games, especially at off-peak times, can be tough.
Deposit options are pretty good, and you can access credit card, QB-debit, Skrill, Neteller, MoneyGram, Wire Transfer, Z Pay, and a host of cryptocurrency payment options. Payouts are from MoneyGram, check, Bitcoin, Skrill/Neteller (non-US), and bank wire.
New accounts can claim a 100% match worth up to $1,000 using the Sports Betting AG promo code NEWSB. For every $50 that you clear as a rake, you get $5 of the bonus released to your account as cash.
What we like:
- $1000 welcome bonus for new poker players
- Great software that is updated regularly
- Huge range of cryptocurrency payment options
- Instant play poker options available
- Wide range of mixed games, as well the likes of Texas Hold’em and Omaha
What we don’t:
- Check payouts take a long time to process
- The availability of HUDs make games tough in off-peak hours
More on gambling in Washington…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Washington in our expert guides below:
- Washington Sports Betting
- Washington Real Money Online Casinos
- Washington Online Gambling
- Washington Betting Apps
- Washington Horse Racing
Online Poker Washington – The Top Sites Compared
In the table below we’ve taken the best online poker rooms in Washington and compared how they work. Use the table to find features that are going to be of use to you before picking the online poker room that works best.
Highest cash game
Sports Betting AG
Is Online Poker Legal in Washington?
Online poker in Washington state is currently illegal. In fact, access to any online gambling sites is outlawed.
However, there is a big caveat here and the only ban that is in place is for people to access online poker sites that are hosted in the United States. Players can access poker sites that are located offshore, and this is where the sites on this page come into play.
Given that these poker rooms are not hosted in the United States, all the offshore sites are fully accessible to players in Washington. The online poker rooms that we’ve listed above, such as BetOnline, Bovada, and Intertops all accept players from Washington.
Video poker is commonly mistaken as a poker game, but it’s a casino game that has taken some of the basics from poker. It’s for this reason that video poker falls under online casino laws.
In Washington state, this has the same online legislation attached as poker, for now, meaning that you can access Washington online casinos that are located offshore.
Casual poker is legal in Washington. This generally includes things like home games and playing with friends. As long as the “house” does not make any more from the game, nor any other services (drinks etc.) then this would fall under the “casual poker” blanket.
Washington Poker Laws
Lan-based poker in Washington is legal and there are plenty of places where you can play. The state currently has around 50 venues that have some sort of poker area, with around 180 tables located throughout the state.
Cash games and tournaments are the biggest variations and two of the most popular venues in the state are Joker’s Casino and Caribbean Yakima.
Washington Online Poker Laws
Online poker laws in Washington follow a similar process as gambling at land-based sites. You need to be aged 21 or over to play poker online in Washington. There are some poker rooms that state its minimum age is 18, but this is not applicable for players based in the United States.
You’re able to access any offshore poker room that is based online. This means that, if the poker room is not hosted in the United States, you will not face prosecution for playing on these sites. All the poker rooms listed on this page are located offshore and accept players from Washington state.
Online gambling in Washington is a blanket ban on all sports, casinos, and poker. But we must stress, this is only for sites that are based in the United States and do not include offshore gambling sites.
Washington Online Poker
Online poker plays very differently to land-based locations. The games and rules, for the most part, will be the same, but even when it comes to how games run can be very different.
The main draw for online poker is the sheer volume of games that you can play. Most of the major sites will include Texas Hold’em and Omaha, with mixed games such as Razz, Stud, Draw, Badugi, and variations of all of these, sprinkled in for good measure.
The volume of traffic is the next biggest difference. A land-based poker room may have the capacity to sit around 100 people at any given time (this would be a larger poker room), whereas online, they can host tens of thousands with a massive range of games and stakes that comes with this.
Lower-stakes games are much more accessible online. The goal for a land-based casino is to make as much money as possible and to do this they need higher limit games. Most casinos will start with cash games at around $1/$2, with tournaments from $25 and up.
Online you’re going to get games as small as 1c/2c and there will be tournaments that are free to enter (freerolls). It works because of volume and hands per hour. Even a low-limit online table can rake as much as a higher-limit live table due to the volume of hands it can get through.
The final difference is how the games play. This is going to range massively, but generally online games are softer, for the most part, than live. The reason is that you’re able to simply move and dodge better players to find a table with weaker players. When playing live, this might not be possible, so to get a game, you may need to sit with better players.
Making Poker Online Washington Deposits
Banking with online poker rooms is now as accessible as it’s ever been. There are tons of options and the introduction of payment methods such as cryptocurrency has increased these options furthermore.
The table below highlights the best online poker in Washington and what sort of payment methods you can expect from each.
7.5% on credit card withdrawal only
1-5 business days
1-5 business days
Sports Betting AG
0-5 business days
1-5 business days
1-15 business days
Playing Online Poker Washington
BetOnline takes the top spot as our number one pick for playing online poker in Washington. To kick things off, the standard of play overall is relatively low. This comes down to a lot of overspills from the casino and sports section. Bovada and Sports Betting AG follow suit here, but you tend to get a few more “grinders” here than BetOnline, especially at the upper limits.
Games are fairly even between the field. Bovada probably shades in terms of mixed games, with the inclusion of Razz, Stud, and several Draw games. However, we will add that traffic for these games is limited and usually only accessible in peak times.
Graphically, they all differ, and this is going to come down to personal preference. Bovada has more of a classic feel but lacks features. BetOnline and Intertops are the best two for our money, both allowing a lot of customizing such colors, decks, seat position, (removal of!) sounds, and table data.
If you’re looking for higher limits, then BetOnline runs all the way up to $1000NL. Games have good traffic in peak hours, but off-peak at limits over $500NL, it starts to struggle. This is the same for all poker sites, so we aren’t marking that as a negative.
Crypto is the best way to move money in and out for all the online poker sites in Washington. There are no fees, high limits, and are processed quicker than all other forms.
Tips for Online Poker Real Money – Washington
To make money from online poker in Washington you need to be willing to learn and improve. Below we’ve included a few tips that will help you improve quicker and ultimately make you more money from this amazing game.
- Bankroll management – You need to manage your bankroll with poker more than any other gambling form. A good rule of thumb is 100x buy ins for the level that you want to play. For example, to play 50c/$1 ($100NL) cash games, you would need a bankroll of $10,000 to comfortably manage the swings and variance that poker brings.
- Mentally prepare to lose – Following on from above, variance plays a huge role in poker. Sometimes, regardless of how well you play, you’re going to lose. You need to be able to recognize that losing sessions will happen and that, if you make the correct play most of the time, you will make money.
- Take your shots – Lots of poker players get comfortable at a level and then stay there for way too long. If you beat a level or buy in games comfortably, then set money from your bankroll aside to take shots at the next level up. If things go well, you can stay put. If they don’t, then move back down. A stop limit is needed for this for losing streaks.
- Target poker bonuses – All of the sites that we’ve mentioned on this page come with poker bonuses. This is free money. Make sure you have claimed one while you play to earn regardless of if you win.
How to Play Online Poker in Washington
We’re going to walk you through the process of how to sign up with the best online poker site in Washington, BetOnline. This will highlight everything you need to do to get started.
1) Open an account
Click this link to open your account. By using this link, you can access the $1,000 poker bonus on offer from BetOnline and claim up to $1,000 in bonus cash.
2) Enter account details
You’re going to need to enter your account details to get set up. This will include things like your name, address, phone number, email address, account username, and password. Make sure this information is correct as you may need to verify this before you can withdraw.
3) Claim BetOnline welcome bonus
Once your account has been set up, it’s now time to claim the bonus. Head over to the cashier and choose a payment method. Then enter the BetOnline bonus code “NEWBOL” to trigger the $1,000 poker bonus.
4) Start playing
As soon as your account has been funded, head over to the tables to start playing. You can access any of the tables, but we suggest that you start at lower stakes to get things like your table layout sorted and to see how the games work.
BestOnline Poker Washington Site
Online poker in Washington is accessible via offshore poker accounts. This is not to be confused with poker sites that are based in the United States which are not accessible for players in Washington.
Our number one pick for online poker in Washington is that of BetOnline. Not only does it have great software, a huge range of games, and a generally weak player pool, it also has a massive $1,000 poker bonus that you can claim as a new account.
Other Online Poker Guides you Might Like
Learn more about the different types of online poker games and options available online and where to best enjoy them:
- Best Bitcoin Poker Sites – A complete guide to the best Bitcoin Poker Sites to play online.
- Best Offshore Poker Sites – A rundown of the best offshore Poker sites with massive bonuses.
- Best Online Poker Sites – Full presentation of the best Poker Sites to play with real money.
- Play Online Poker Real Money – Full presentation of the best Poker Sites to play with real money.
- Download the Best Poker Apps – Complete guide and review of the best poker apps.
- Poker Games (List) – Complete overview of the most popular poker games available online.