Avid Washingtonian sports fans can finally get into Washington state sports betting. Washington state residents can gamble on pro teams like the Seattle Seahawks, thanks to recent legislation.
They can also rely on our touted offshore sports betting sites. Washingtonians will want to read our breakdown of the best Washington sports betting guides for 2022. We also chime in on sports gambling pointers.
- 1 Timeline: Legal Washington Sports Betting Movement
- 2 The Best Sports Betting Washington State Sites List 2022
- 3 Best Sports Betting in Washington State
- 3.1 1. XBet – Overall Best Washington State Sports Betting Site
- 3.2 2. BetOnline – Best Live Washington State Sports Betting Platform
- 3.3 3. Bovada – Best NBA Washington State Sports Betting Site
- 3.4 4. MyBookie – Best New Washington State Sports Betting Site
- 3.5 5. BetUS – Best NBA Betting Site in Washington
- 3.6 6. BUSR – Best Washington Sportsbooks for Horse Race Betting
- 3.7 7. Sportsbetting.ag – Best Washington State NFL Online Sports Betting Site
- 4 More on gambling in Washington…
- 5 Washington State Sportsbook Site Comparisons
- 6 Who can Bet on Sports in Washington
- 7 How to Bet on Sports in Washington
- 8 Is Sports Betting Legal in Washington State?
- 9 When will Sports Betting be Legal in Washington?
- 10 2021, the Year that Washington Sports Betting Became Legal
- 11 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Washington
- 12 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Washington
- 13 Payment Methods available at Washington Betting Sites
- 14 Bonuses available at Washington Sportsbooks
- 15 Popular Sports to Bet on in Washington
- 15.1 Tackle Sports Gambling With Dynamite NFL Bets
- 15.2 Shoot to Win with NBA Sports Bets
- 15.3 Get on First Base with MLB Sports Bets
- 15.4 Shoot the Puck with NHL Sports Betting
- 15.5 Dribble Your Sports Bets on NCAA Basketball
- 15.6 Hike the Ball with College Football Sports Bets
- 15.7 Land a Hole In One with Golf Bets
- 15.8 Bet on Prized Horse Races
- 15.9 Place Your Daily Fantasy Sports Wagers
- 16 Live Betting with Washington Sportsbooks
- 17 Bets that are Illegal in Washington
- 18 How Washington State Sports Betting Compares to its Neighbors
- 19 Casinos with Sports Betting in Washington
- 20 More on Washington Gambling
- 21 Best Online Sportsbook for Washington
- 22 Washington State Sports Betting FAQs
Timeline: Legal Washington Sports Betting Movement
After the Supreme Court voted to overturn the federal ban on sports gambling in 2018, states rushed to legalize sports gambling. Washington was one of the first states to formally legalize sports gambling in 2020. Let’s walk you through the history of Washington sports betting sanctions.
- February 10, 2022: Caesars Entertainment announces the opening of Spokane Tribe Casino Muckleshoot Casino ahead of Super Bowl 56
- February 4, 2022: The Suquamish Clearwater Casino opens the FanDuel sportsbook to the public
- January 19, 2022: Daily Fantasy Sports titan DraftKings comes to terms with the Tulalip Tribes of Washington to launch retail sportsbooks to Tulalip Resort Casino and Quil Ceda Creek Casino
- January 11, 2022: Maverick Gaming LLC files a lawsuit to revoke the sports betting agreements between Washington State and Tribal Casinos
- January 10, 2022: Bill SB 5212 is entered to legalize sports betting at racetracks and cardrooms. This bill also proposes mobile betting at the racetracks and cardrooms.
- December 29, 2021: Snoqualmie Casino becomes Washington’s inaugural retailer to launch a mobile sports betting app
- December 20, 2021: BetMGM launches sports betting at Tacoma’s Emerald Queen Casino
- December 4, 2021: The Kalispel Tribe launches Northern Quest Casino – Washington’s third sports betting retailer
- December 1, 2021: Angel of the Winds Casino by the Stillaguamish Tribe opens sports betting
- November 2021: A Washington State University study suggests that sports betting at Washington’s tribal casinos could lead to a $94 million industry over the next five years
- September 28, 2021: FanDuel announces its partnership with Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort. This agreement also includes on-location sports betting
- September 9, 2021: The Snoqualmie Tribe begins sports betting at its Snoqualmie Casino
- August 2021: The amended gaming compacts were approved at the federal level by the Department of the Interior, and at the state level by the Washington State Gambling Commission.
- June 2021: Washington state renegotiated gaming compacts with 16 tribes
- March 25, 2021: Governor Jay Inslee signs the sports betting bill, HB 2638, officially sanctioning sports gambling at Indian Tribal Casinos
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|125% sign up bonus. Bet $1000 Get $1250 Free.||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
The Best Sports Betting Washington State Sites List 2022
Here’s our list of the 10 best Washington state sports betting sites for 2022:
- XBet – Overall best Washington State sports betting site
- BetOnline – Biggest welcome bonus among Washington sports betting sites
- Bovada – Best live Washington State sports betting platform
- MyBookie – Best new Washington State sports betting site
- BetUS – Best NBA betting site in Washington
- BUSR – Best Washington sportsbooks for horse racing betting
- Sportsbetting.ag – Best Washington State NFL online sports betting site
- Everygame – Competitive betting lines
- BetNow – Live betting and racino
- Betanysports – Props builder for sports bets
Best Sports Betting in Washington State
Now that you’ve seen our list of the 10 best Washington State sports betting sites, let’s dive into detailed reviews of our top picks.
1. XBet – Overall Best Washington State Sports Betting Site
XBet is our favorite Washington state sports betting site. That’s because XBet’s sportsbook and racebook both carry wagers for all the major events happening around the world, including the US and Europe. With horse racing, you can bet on both thoroughbred and harness racing, and even greyhound racing.
Of course, XBet also carries tons of other sports markets. You can wager on NFL and NBA games, golf and tennis matches, major UFC fights, and NASCAR races. The platform also takes bets for special events like the Olympics or the Tour de France. You can wager in-game with odds updated in real-time for extra excitement, although XBet doesn’t also offer live streaming on its platform.
XBet’s welcome bonus is a little smaller than what you’ll find at other top Washington State sports betting sites – new players can claim up to $500 with a 100% deposit match. On the plus side, there’s no promo code required and the minimum odds for betting are just 2:1. The bonus also doesn’t expire. Sign up today to claim your XBet welcome bonus.
What we like:
- Wide range of horse races to bet on
- Live in-game betting
- Supports wagers on special events like the Olympics
- $500 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- No parlay builder for complex bets
2. BetOnline – Best Live Washington State Sports Betting Platform
BetOnline is our overall favorite live sports betting site in Washington state. This sportsbook offers an unparalleled range of sports, so you can wager on everything from basketball, football, and soccer to golf, tennis, UFC, auto racing, and esports.
BetOnline carries all the biggest matches across all of these sports, and there’s no shortage of prop bets for major games. In addition, BetOnline has a huge selection of futures for the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL.
BetOnline stands out in part because it makes the betting experience so smooth. This Washington betting site has a mobile-friendly platform so you can bet from anywhere. It also offers live in-game betting, so the action doesn’t stop at tip-off. BetOnline even has a handy parlay and prop bet builder, so you can create complex bets with long odds and huge payoffs with ease.
BetOnline accepts a wide range of payments, including credit cards and debit cards and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple. The sportsbook has 24/7 customer support, too, so you can get help anytime you need it.
BetOnline offers new players a 100% deposit match welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. There’s no promo code required and you can bet on almost anything with odds of 2:1 or greater. The bonus expires 30 days after you sign up. Register with BetOnline today to claim your welcome bonus.
What we like:
- Extremely wide selection of sports markets
- Mobile-friendly betting site
- Live in-game betting and parlay builder
- $1,000 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- No live streaming through the sportsbook
3. Bovada – Best NBA Washington State Sports Betting Site
Bovada is our top pick for live, in-game Washington state sports betting. That’s because this platform is one of the few online sportsbooks to offer live streaming on desktop and mobile. So, you don’t have to leave the betting menu to watch the action unfold.
Even better, you can place live in-game bets on most sports with odds updated in real-time by Bovada’s team of expert bookies. Washington sports betting fans can get a massive 100% matched welcome bonus up to $1,000 to use at this sportsbook as a new user.
Bovada has a wide range of sports to watch and bet on, including football, basketball, soccer, tennis, MMA, motorsports, esports, and golf. This betting site also carries wagers for several sports that you won’t find elsewhere, like beach volleyball and winter sports. The huge range of sports markets at Bovada is itself an attractive feature for bettors who want to branch out into new games with smaller betting pools.
Bovada makes deposits and withdrawals easy, supporting bank transfers with Zelle along with credit cards, debit cards, and crypto transfers. You can deposit and withdraw as little as $10 at a time with no fees, and the sportsbook consistently makes payouts in under 24 hours.
What we like:
- Supports live streaming and in-game betting
- Wagers for several unique sports markets
- Withdraw as little as $10 with payouts in 24 hours
- $750 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- Must deposit cryptocurrency to qualify for welcome bonus
4. MyBookie – Best New Washington State Sports Betting Site
MyBookie is another top Washington State sports betting site. It carries all the major US sports markets, including the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. That said, we think this platform particularly stands out for NBA betting because it offers a huge range of futures bets. For example, you can wager on who will be next year’s league MVP or which team will win the NBA East.
MyBookie makes it easy to place bets, with a parlay builder similar to the one offered by BetOnline. You can easily mix and match wagers from within the same game, across multiple league matches on the same day, or even across different sports. MyBookie clearly displays your odds and explains how payoffs will work, which is a huge help for bettors who are trying out more complex wagers for the first time.
This Washington sports betting site accepts most major cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple. There are occasional reload bonuses for crypto deposits, although you can also fund your account with a debit or credit card easily.
MyBookie offers new players a $1,000 welcome bonus through a 100% deposit match. You must take wagers with minimum odds of 2.5:1 or higher and your bonus never expires. Use promo code MYB100 to claim your MyBookie welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- Huge range of NBA futures bets
- Excellent parlay builder
- Accepts most major cryptocurrencies
- $1,000 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t offer teaser bets
5. BetUS – Best NBA Betting Site in Washington
BetUS is distinguished among Washington state sports betting sites by its absolutely massive welcome bonus: new players can claim up to $2,500 with a 125% deposit match. You can qualify for the bonus by making a deposit with a credit card, debit card, or cryptocurrency, and it’s good for wagering on anything with odds of 2.8:1 or higher.
The only catch is that you only have 14 days to meet the wagering requirement, so come ready to bet big! Players who registered now can get a 125% matched deposit bonus of up to $3,125 for sports betting in Washington state.
BetUS has just as wide a range of sports markets as the other top platforms for sports betting in Washington state. You can wager on all the major US sports leagues, soccer, tennis, golf, MMA, motorsports, and more.
In addition, BetUS carries bets for a number of international sports, including cricket, Aussie rules football, Canadian football, volleyball, and snooker. The site also has a racebook where you can wager on US and international horse races.
BetUS doesn’t have live streaming on its platform, but it does support in-game betting. For in-game betting, odds are updated in real-time and big games will occasionally see new prop bets appear halfway through play. On top of that, the site is mobile-friendly so you can wager from anywhere, at any time.
Use promo code JOIN125 to claim your BetUS welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- $2,500 welcome bonus
- Bet on US & international sports markets
- Supports in-game betting
- Horse race betting
What we don’t:
- Only 14 days to meet welcome bonus wagering requirement
6. BUSR – Best Washington Sportsbooks for Horse Race Betting
BUSR ranks #6 on our Washington state sports betting guide. You can get real-time entries, free bets, and cash bonus racing prizes while you choose from a large range of US and international racing 24/7. As though you were at the track, you can place bets on the races up to post time.
BUSR offers access to the most recent odds, horse betting news, tips, and more. Betting on horse racing at the most popular tracks and events has never been easier or more secure. Casino games at BUSR are just as extensive as its many sports betting lines with an unmatched variety of table and video games to wager on. The variety on offer alone makes BUSR a contender on our best WA sportsbook list.
The sportsbook offers tons of bonuses for players, with a 100% welcome bonus up to $2,500. To claim a $1,750 sports or casino welcome promotion, enter the BUSR promo code INSIDERS. In addition to the welcome bonus, players can benefit from reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, and more.
What we like:
- 24/7 customer support
- Wide variety of banking options with fast payouts
- Generous welcome bonus
- Players can use single accounts across casino, sports, and poker
- Good-looking user interface
- Up to $5000 bonus cash available
What we don’t:
- A limited number of games
- High min deposit for some promotions
7. Sportsbetting.ag – Best Washington State NFL Online Sports Betting Site
Sportsbetting.ag is one of the top Washington sports betting sites. The sportsbook offers the highest quality sports betting fun. You will find the largest selection of bets and odds on any sport imaginable, including NASCAR auto racing, Major League Baseball, soccer, tennis, golf, boxing, mixed martial arts, and all NFL season action.
Additionally, Sportsbetting.ag offers the widest selection of college football betting choices, including side bets, over/under bets, prop bets, and futures odds. The same level of market depth is available for the NHL, NBA, and NCAA college basketball seasons.
Besides sports, bettors can also wager on various casino games and poker as well as North American and international horse races in the sportsbook’s vast daily offering. The odds are top value and sharp, meaning that with this WA Sportsbook, you can bet on football and win big.
Sportsbetting.ag offers a variety of bonuses and promotions. In addition to the generous welcome bonuses and other deals available using Sportsbetting.ag promo codes, the website hosts a variety of interesting events and tournaments where players can win extra cash. Existing players can also take advantage of some great reload offers to get extra cash making the Washington sports betting site ideal for winning real money.
What we like:
- All-inclusive sports betting, casino, poker, and esports site
- Generous welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, free bets, and contests
- High deposit and withdrawal limits
What we don’t:
- No eWallets
- Outdated website
More on gambling in Washington…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Washington in our expert guides below:
- Washington Real Money Online Casinos
- Washington Online Poker
- Washington Online Gambling
- Washington Betting Apps
- Washington Horse Racing
Washington State Sportsbook Site Comparisons
Now that you’ve read more about our favorite sites for sports betting in Washington state, the next step is to decide which platform is best for you. We put together the table below to help you compare our top picks head to head. Focusing on Washington State Sportsbook promo codes and welcome bonuses, available markets, live streaming and payment methods.
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Available Markets||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, darts, handball, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football, cycling, wrestling||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|BetOnline||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, darts, handball, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football, snooker||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $750||INSIDERS||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, darts, cricket, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football, beach volleyball, snooker, winter sports, futsal||Yes||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|BetUS||125% deposit match up to $2,500||INSIDERS||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football, surfing, snooker, futsal||No||Credit card, bank wire, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, e-sports, Canadian football||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Litecoin|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf tennis, cricket, darts, handball, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, snooker||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple|
Who can Bet on Sports in Washington
Washingtonians or out travelers to the state must be at least 21 years old for sports betting. The seven Tribal Indian Casinos are the only ones permitted to handle retail sports betting. While each sports betting site has its criteria, offshore sportsbooks like the ones listed in this article require Washingtonians to be at least 21 years old.
Washington’s seven Tribal Casinos that operate sports betting accept wagers on major professional sports and horse racing. Offshore sportsbooks also permit Washington residents to place live betting on pro and collegiate sports and so much more.
How to Bet on Sports in Washington
1. Become Familiar with the Terms and Conditions
Opening an account for qualified members at a sports betting site is straightforward, but you must maintain them. We highly recommend reading the terms and conditions page to keep your account in good standing. Most terms and conditions are found in the footer area of the site.
2. Make Your Registration Official
When you feel comfortable with the betting’s terms and rules, Washingtonians need to officially register. Offshore sportsbooks typically have a join or a registration link at the top of the viewport in prominent view. You can also find them in the footer area.
3. Understand Your Banking Options
Like the ones mentioned in this article, Offshore sportsbooks provide several user-friendly banking options. Washington sports betters can rely on credit cards, cryptocurrencies, and eWallets. Depending on the sports betting site, you might be able to use wire transfer services. You can access the banking options with either the cashier or banking link.
4. Research the Sportsbook Promotion Codes
As sports betting sites continue to expand, so is the need for sports promotions. XBet, our top choice for Washingtonians, has an extensive sports promotion section. Before placing your initial sports bet, we recommend perusing the sports promotions area for generous sports welcome prizes and potential reload and rebates. XBet, our number one ranked betting site, extends a matching bonus up to $500 for initial deposits.
5. Place Your Preferred Bet
When you’ve determined your bankroll and your eligible sports promotion, choose the sport or game to wager on. XBet accepts a wide variety of sports bets, including live betting.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Washington State?
One of the most common questions we get is, ‘Is sports betting legal in Washington state?’ The short answer is yes, as long as you’re planning to bet in person.
Washington legalized sports betting in 2021 at a handful of tribal casinos. Soon, bettors in the state will have the option to visit any of 16 physical tribal casinos and do some legal sports betting in Washington any type of sports, including esports.
The change to legalize sports betting came after Washington Governor Jay Inslee signaled support for renegotiating tribes’ gaming compacts with the state. In June 2021, the Washington State Gambling Commission amended the gaming compacts of 16 of the state’s 29 federally recognized tribes to allow for in-person sports betting.
That means that for sports betting in Washington state, you must be physically present at a tribal casino with a sportsbook. You can place your wager on a mobile device only if you’re standing in the gaming facility – not from anywhere in the state.
For many people, that means that sports betting in Washington State will still be out of reach. Offshore sportsbooks offer an alternative since they’re not regulated by the state’s gaming commission.
Betting on horse racing is legal in Washington state. There are 13 off-track betting facilities across the state (one is allowed in each of the state’s 39 counties). In addition, Washington allows 6 online horse racing betting sites:
- 123 Bet
- NYRA Bets
- Watch and Wager
When will Sports Betting be Legal in Washington?
Sports betting in Washington has actually been legal for a fair amount of time with the passage of House Bill 2638. If you wanted a sports betting Washington state retail area, you would need to agree to a wagering amendment to every tribe’s compact agreement. Washington State has brokered several sports gambling compacts with many of its state’s Indian tribes.
2021, the Year that Washington Sports Betting Became Legal
On March 25, 2021, Governor Jay Inslee signed the first of many compacts to legalize sports betting at Washington’s Tribal Casinos. Washington’s governors can sign compacts with the state’s Indian Tribes at their discretion.
Governor Jay Inslee and Washington’s Tribal Indians are staunch supporters of Washington state sports betting. HB 2638’s bill sponsor, Representative Strom Peterson, worked to pass the bill through the state legislature quickly.
Eric Persson of Maverick Gaming strongly opposed the passage of HB 2638. According to Persson, the tax-free monopoly HB 2638 would bring to the Tribal Casinos could endanger more than 2,000 jobs at Maverick Gaming LLC.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Washington
When the United States Supreme Court overturned the federal sports gambling ban in 2018, Washington state wasted no time to legalize sports betting. We highlight the key sports betting bills.
- HB 2638 – On March 25, 2021, Governor Jay Inslee signs the first of many compacts to legalize retail sports gambling only at Tribal Indian Casinos.
- SB 5212 – Permits all state cardrooms and racetracks to accept sports gambling, but only for horse racing and professional sports. SB 5212 prohibits wagers on collegiate sports, esports, and competitive video games outside of a sanctioned Tribal Casino.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Washington
Washington state doesn’t have an income tax or gambling or sports betting tax. Instead, local cities and counties in Washington are allowed to tax gambling winnings, but the state regulates the maximum amount they can charge. For most types of sports gambling, the maximum tax that local governments can charge is 2%.
Payment Methods available at Washington Betting Sites
Successful betting sites like the ones mentioned in this article understand that Washingtonians need easy and reliable banking options. Washington state residents can rely on a combination of crypto, credit, and sometimes vouchers and eWallets to make their sports bets. We highlight these premier banking methods for you.
Crypto Betting Options
Most offshore sportsbooks carry at least one cryptocurrency, primarily Bitcoin. Alternative currencies like Bitcoin bypass and delays of using credit cards, and they are free to use. Betting sites like Bovada offer Bitcoin guides to help its members use them properly. Bovada and our number one ranked choice, XBet, offer additional cryptocurrencies like Ethereum.
eWallet Betting Options
Depending on the offshore sportsbook you are wagering at, it might offer eWallet options. Neteller and Skrill are top eWallets, as is PayPal, which is accepted at Bovada. Based on where Washingtonians are residing in the world, they might be able to use Neosurf.
Traditional Payment Methods at Washington Betting Sites
Credit cards like Visa and MasterCard are present at all of our listed betting sites. Credit cards are free to use, but members might not be able to use them right away. We recommend filling out a credit card authorization form, if required, after registering. Betting sites like Bovada also allow their members to use American Express and Discover Card.
Bonuses available at Washington Sportsbooks
Like the ones mentioned in this article, sportsbooks rely on sports welcome bonuses to ensnare new members. These betting sites also depend on sports reload and rebate prizes to keep their valued members like Washingtonians. We break down the top sportsbook bonuses available.
The Sports Welcome Package
Sports betting sites feature competitive sports welcoming bonuses. These initial sports welcome prizes are matching bonuses that work solely on the initial deposit or a series of deposits from new members. For example, XBet, our number one ranked betting site, offers a generous $500 sports welcome on the first deposit.
Reload Your Wagers With Sports Reload and Rebate Bonuses
Most betting sites offer some combination of reload and rebate bonuses for its members. Sports rebates typically offer a percentage of member’s sports bet losses during the previous week. XBet, for example, offers a $250 reload bonus.
Horse Rebate Prizes
Washingtonians can bet on horses at our listed betting sites. These offshore sportsbooks feature an extensive racebook section with the top horse tournaments and some local race tracks. There might be a unique welcome bonus for placing your first horse racing wager, depending on the betting site. In addition, elite betting sites like XBet extend to their Washington state members a 7% horse rebate.
Exclusive Cryptocurrency Sports Boosters
With Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies like Ethereum being available as deposit options, betting sites increasingly use exclusive crypto sports promotions. Our esteemed betting sites like Bovada offer Bitcoin signup bonuses and Bitcoin sports reload packages.
Popular Sports to Bet on in Washington
The state of Washington is no stranger to championship sports teams. The Evergreen State has a Super Bowl-winning team and an NBA championship in its portfolio. Washingtonians can also gamble on horse racing and elite collegiate sports. We break down the top professional and collegiate sports that Washingtonians can bet on.
Tackle Sports Gambling With Dynamite NFL Bets
We walk you through Washington’s lone NFL team.
- Seattle Seahawks – Won Super Bowl XLVIII. The Seahawks have three Super Bowl appearances
Shoot to Win with NBA Sports Bets
Residents of the Evergreen State can place bets on their favorite NBA team. Our mentioned betting sites accept many NBA bets, including teasers, futures, and Moneyline bets.
Washington does have one NBA championship in its portfolio through the former Seattle Supersonics team in 1979. The Sonics have two additional NBA Finals appearances, but they relocated and became the Oklahoma Thunder.
Currently, Washington doesn’t have an NBA franchise. However, NBA legends like Seattle resident Bill Russell and Lenny Wilkens, the coach of the 1979 NBA-champion Sonics, are lobbying for an expansion team in Seattle.
Get on First Base with MLB Sports Bets
Washingtonians are free to place sports bets on the Seattle Mariners and other MLB teams and games. Betting sites like XBet permit online gamblers to place live bets, parlays, teasers, and MLB future bets.
We shine a light on Washington’s sole Major League Baseball team.
- Seattle Mariners – Are one of only six Major League Baseball teams to never reach the World Series
Shoot the Puck with NHL Sports Betting
Evergreen State residents are also free to place sports bets on NHL games. The betting sites listed in this article feature prominent and lucrative sports bets like game props, Stanley Cup odds, and NHL awards.
We spotlight Washington’s only NHL team.
- Seattle Kraken – An expansion team that began playing in the 2021-22 season
Dribble Your Sports Bets on NCAA Basketball
Washingtonians have several NCAA I basketball teams, to gamble on. Washington residents can place live bets, teasers, and wagers on college basketball game odds during the college basketball season. Premier betting sites like XBet maintain up to the minute college basketball odds.
We break down the illustrious NCAA basketball teams in Washington.
- Washington Huskies – A perennial Pac-12 powerhouse
- Washington State Cougars – Also plays in the Pac-12 and is the college that developed Warrior’s sharp-shooter Klay Thompson
- Seattle Redhawks – Members of the WAC conference and eight wins in the NCAA tournament
- Gonzaga Bulldogs – Affectionately known as the Zags, the Bulldogs produced NBA Hall of Famer, John Stockton
- Eastern Washington Bulldogs – Members of the Big Sky Conference since 1987
During March Madness, our betting sites might have special contests and promotions commemorating the NCAA basketball tournament.
Hike the Ball with College Football Sports Bets
Washington State residents can also enjoy college football gambling. They place their bets at a sanctioned Tribal Casino, or they can place their bets at our listed betting sites. XBet, for example, allows Washingtonians to place live bets, Moneyline wagers, teasers, FBS Championship odds, and picks.
We break down the Evergreen State’s prestigious college football teams.
- Washington Huskies – Winners of two national championships and seven Rose Bowls
- Washington State Cougars – The Cougars have won four Pac-12 conference championships
- Eastern Washington Eagles – Members of the Big Sky Conference
During college football season, our esteemed offshore sportsbooks offer exclusive college football contests and prizes.
Land a Hole In One with Golf Bets
Golf bets are also available for Washington State residents. Betting sites like our highly recommended XBet, permit Washingtonians to bet on prestigious PGA golf tournaments, live golf bets, three-hole wagers, and golf tournament odds.
Washingtonians can place sports bets on state golf tournaments. We list them for you.
- PGA Northwest Open – Round one commences May 16, 2022
- Rosauers Open – Held in Spokane, Washington
Bet on Prized Horse Races
The Evergreen State is also home to championship horse races. Our listed betting sites including our number one choice, XBet, accept horse bets from Washingtonians. State law permits Washington State residents to place horse bets directly at the race tracks.
We list the horse race tracks that accept wagers:
- 123 Bet
- NYRA Bets
- Watch and Wager
Place Your Daily Fantasy Sports Wagers
Washington State doesn’t allow online Daily Fantasy Sports wagers. Washingtonians can place legal DFS bets at sanctioned Tribal Casinos.
We highlight the key Daily Fantasy Sports players in Washington.
- DraftKings – Operates inside the Tulalip Resort Casino and Quil Ceda Creek Casino
- FanDuel – Will operate DFS inside the Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort
Live Betting with Washington Sportsbooks
Different betting sites might offer various live betting options. The typical live bets include in-game bets, placing sports wagers at halftime and after the quarter. We recommend XBet for placing live bets because they offer them for several pro and collegiate sports, including golf.
Bets that are Illegal in Washington
Even though Washington passed sweeping sports betting for the state, betting on Daily Fantasy Sports online and collegiate sports is illegal. To bet on Daily Fantasy Sports, you must do so at an offshore betting site, like our touted XBet betting site. You can also place them at select Indian Tribal Casinos. Likewise, Washingtonians can wager on collegiate sports at approved Indian Casinos or an offshore sportsbook.
How Washington State Sports Betting Compares to its Neighbors
Both Idaho and Oregon border Washington State. Idaho currently prohibits sports betting, except for horse racing. Idahoans are free to travel to Washington to gamble on sports. Oregon does allow for legal sports betting.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Washington
Current Washington law permits retail sports bets at sanctioned Tribal Casinos. In addition, cardrooms and poker rooms in the state can accept non-collegiate sports wagers. We list Washington State’s casinos that accept sports bets.
- Northern Quest Casino – Located in Airway Heights
- Casino Caribbean Yakima – Operates in Yakima, WA
- Sports Page – Accepts sports bets in Kennewick, WA
- Silver Star Saloon – Based in Vancouver, WA
- Bub’s Pub – Located in Centralia, WA
- Muckleshoot Casino – Works out of Auburn, WA
- Snoqualmie Casino – A Tribal Casino in Snoqalmie, WA
- A & C Tavern – Accepts sports bets in Bremerton, WA
- Emerald Downs – Another sportsbook retailer in Auburn, WA
- Casino Caribbean Kirkland – Located in Kirkland, WA
- Seven Cedars Casino – Accepts sports wagers in Sequim, WA
More on Washington Gambling
It is widely expected for more state Tribal Casinos to broker compacts with Washington State’s government in 2022. We provide you with more gambling options for Washington State.
- Best online casinos in Washington
- Online gambling in Washington
- Horse racing in Washington
- Sports betting apps in Washington
Best Online Sportsbook for Washington
Washington state sports betting sites make it easy to wager on the NFL, NBA, soccer, golf, tennis, and much more. The state recently legalized in-person sports betting at tribal casinos, and betting on horse racing has long been legal in Washington.
Ready to get started with the best Washington state sports betting site? We strongly recommend Washingtonians to sign up today at our number one choice, XBet Casino. XBet offers a 50% matching sports bonus up to $500 for new members.