Overwatch is one of the most popular esports titles in the world, with multiple large tournaments throughout the year. Given its massive following, Overwatch betting is always a top choice at online sportsbooks. Fans can win real money by backing their favorites.
The Blizzard game combines elements of FPS and MOBA to create an enticing playing experience. While it is easy to play, Overwatch is very difficult to master and the same goes for betting on the matches. Our guide will give you the tools needed to secure the W.
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% up to $500 - INSIDERS||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
- 1 Best Overwatch Betting Sites
- 2 Reviews of the Best Overwatch Betting Sites
- 2.1 1. BetUS – The Best Overall Overwatch Betting Site
- 2.2 2. Bovada – The Best Range of Esports Events and Markets
- 2.3 3. BetOnline – A Complete Online Sportsbook for Overwatch Betting
- 2.4 4. SportsBetting.ag – Top Overwatch Betting Site with Secure Bitcoin Banking
- 2.5 5. XBet – $500 First Deposit Bonus for Overwatch Gambling
- 3 Comparing the Best Overwatch Betting Sites
- 4 How to Sign Up & Bet on Overwatch
- 5 How Overwatch Esports Works
- 6 Best Markets for Betting on Overwatch
- 7 Overwatch Betting Odds & Lines
- 8 Our Top 5 Overwatch Betting Tips
- 9 The Best Overwatch Esports Tournaments
- 10 Best Overwatch Esports Teams
- 11 Best Overwatch Esports Players
- 12 Overwatch League Schedule 2022
- 13 Overwatch Esports Stats
- 14 Best Payment Methods for Overwatch
- 15 More on Esports Betting
- 16 Best Overwatch Betting Site
- 17 FAQs
- 17.1 Is Overwatch an esports game?
- 17.2 Is betting on Overwatch legal?
- 17.3 Where can I bet on Overwatch?
- 17.4 What Overwatch betting bonuses are available?
- 17.5 How can I watch Overwatch esports events?
- 17.6 How much do Overwatch esports players make?
- 17.7 Who is the highest paid Overwatch League player?
- 17.8 How long do Overwatch esports matches take?
Best Overwatch Betting Sites
If you want to get started right away, here are the top 10 Overwatch betting sites based on our thorough reviews:
- BetUS – Our pick of the best Overwatch betting site
- Bovada – Great coverage of esports tournaments and events
- BetOnline – Best Overwatch betting odds and early lines
- SportsBetting.ag – Great layout for live Overwatch betting with streaming
- XBet – Top online sportsbook with plenty of props for Overwatch League betting
- MyBookie – Popular bookmaker known for reduced juice on esports matches
- Everygame – Simple and user-friendly interface for esports betting online
- BetNow – Premium online sportsbook with great Overwatch futures
- BUSR – Multiple sportsbook bonuses of up to $1,000 for Overwatch betting
- GTBets – Loyalty rewards for active players and fast withdrawals for winnings
Reviews of the Best Overwatch Betting Sites
We will take some time to quickly talk about the top five Overwatch betting sites. This way, you can learn more about them and see which one meets your personal requirements best. The offshore operators are very reliable and secure, with a long history in the USA.
1. BetUS – The Best Overall Overwatch Betting Site
BetUS was established in 1994, making it the oldest and most reliable online sportsbook on our list. The site was recently updated and now provides a clean interface with a focus on easy access, rather than on flashy design. You can quickly navigate to the Sportsbook tab and locate the esports section from the list.
BetUS esports has a dedicated interface that features the upcoming matches for multiple titles. Overwatch is of course one of the top picks here, along with other popular games, like Valorant, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. The bookmaker usually has about a dozen prop bets and outright markets for tournaments.
Players can even follow the action through the intergraded Twitch streams for Overwatch live betting. For newcomers, BetUS is offering several bonus choices, including 150% match of up to $1,875 and a 50% casino bonus. Make sure to check the BetUS promo codes for more offers and details.
What we like:
- Awesome esports betting interface with live markets
- The largest sportsbook bonuses for betting on Overwatch
- Secure banking through major cryptos, like Bitcoin
- BetUS loyalty program with six levels and various rewards
- The fastest withdrawals, processed even during weekends
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t have that many futures for Overwatch
- No betting tips and predictions for esports
2. Bovada – The Best Range of Esports Events and Markets
Bovada Sports is known for its detailed coverage of more than 30 sports. It is a bookmaker that usually has loads of betting options for every match. Luckily, this also applies to Overwatch and esports.
The sportsbook interface can seem a bit outdated but it does have the main features. There is a dropdown menu with all of the available sports, from which Overwatch betting fans can select esports with ease. You will then see a long list of events that you can filter based on the title. Most matches have around 15 markets.
Other notable features at Bovada include a secure cashier. It accepts deposits through Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, cards, vouchers, and other options. New users are eligible for up to $4,500 in bonuses, which includes a $750 Bitcoin offer for sports and Overwatch esports betting. Bovada promo codes allow you to easily select the deals.
What we like:
- Live streaming available for the big Overwatch matches
- Low wagering requirement for the sports bonus of just 5x
- Free deposits and withdrawals with cryptocurrencies
- Spread bets, outright winner, over/under, handicap, and more
- The Overwatch betting odds are generally very sharp
What we don’t:
- Only a handful of banking methods for withdrawals
- The welcome bonus is smaller when using credit cards
3. BetOnline – A Complete Online Sportsbook for Overwatch Betting
BetOnline has a dedicated section for esports, showing the popularity of the sport on the platform. Overwatch is of course available here, with various betting options during the major tournaments. Fans can also find other titles for more variety in the field. There are tabs for live, today, early markets, and futures.
While it doesn’t have a bonus just for Overwatch betting, BetOnline does have two welcome bonuses available. Players can claim the standard sportsbook bonus of 50% up to $1,000 or the crypto bonus of 100%. Use the BetOnline bonus codes to pick the preferred one and also claim reload bonuses for extra funds.
BetOnline has a leading banking system that supports deposits through a wide range of methods. Over a dozen cryptos are available in the cashier, along with credit and debit cards, wire transfer, and Person to Person. Payouts are easy and processed in 1-2 banking days. The support team is available 24/7 for assistance, if needed.
What we like:
- Refer-a-friend program with 200% bonuses
- Great choice of Overwatch markets during tournaments
- Live betting with Overwatch live streaming
- Futures with good odds for multiple events
- Withdrawal limits between $20 and $100,000
What we don’t:
- Limited Overwatch betting promos and free bets
- Higher bonus wagering requirement than on other sites
4. SportsBetting.ag – Top Overwatch Betting Site with Secure Bitcoin Banking
SportsBetting.ag is not the best-looking online betting site in the USA. The layout and the interface appear to be quite dated. However, this changes on the esports page, which is available from the dedicated tab. Here, the games and the markets are displayed clearly and even include live streaming via Twitch.
The site was established in 1999, but the actual gaming platform has been updated over the years. It allows for quick and secure betting on Overwatch and on other games and sports. You can choose from around 25 betting options per match, view the futures for the main tournaments, and even check past results.
This is all done securely without needing to download special apps. The cashier supports massive Bitcoin deposit limits of up to $500,000. Other available cryptos include Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and Dogecoin. Of course, users can also deposit by using cards or direct bank transfers.
What we like:
- 100% bonus on the first crypto deposit
- Sports reload bonuses on every payment
- Esports promos for 20% rebate and boosted parlays
- Great platform for mobile betting on iPhone
What we don’t:
- Overwatch betting not as popular as other games
- Some withdrawal methods have fees on payouts
5. XBet – $500 First Deposit Bonus for Overwatch Gambling
XBet is one of the top online sportsbooks in the USA, covering all of the popular sports and events. Of course, esports is included on the long list and the odds are sharp for the major matches. Fans can bet on the best Overwatch esports teams and win real money after cashing in on the welcome bonus.
The XBet promo code XBET50 activates a 50% bonus on the first deposit, going up to $500. It has a 7x wagering requirement that applies on the total amount. While this isn’t the lowest rate for Overwatch betting bonuses, it is one of the best deals. You can also claim a 25% reload bonus every time you add funds to the XBet account.
Banking here is pretty simple and to the point. Bitcoin is the best option for most players, but deposits by Visa and MasterCard are very convenient as well. The support team can help out with any questions regarding banking, bonuses, or betting. XBet has a live chat feature on the site, a phone line, and a message form for emails.
What we like:
- Trusted betting brand established in 2013
- Professional support team ready to help out
- Quality odds for betting on Overwatch
- Reload bonuses have a reduced wagering rate of 5x
What we don’t:
- Not the widest range of esports markets
- Limited promotions for sports betting
Comparing the Best Overwatch Betting Sites
Overwatch live betting allows fans to take advantage of the action as it unfolds in the matches. It works great with live streaming directly on the site for the quickest wagers. Let’s see which of the best sites support these features and also compare their welcome bonuses in the process.
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Live Betting||Live Streaming|
|BetUS||150% deposit match up to $18,75||✅||✅|
|Bovada||75% deposit match up to $750||✅||✅|
|BetOnline||100% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||✅|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||✅|
|XBet||50% deposit match up to $500||✅||❌|
|MyBookie||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||❌|
|Everygame||75% deposit match up to $250||✅||❌|
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||❌||❌|
|BUSR||100% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||❌|
|GTBets||100% deposit match up to $500||✅||❌|
How to Sign Up & Bet on Overwatch
It only takes five simple steps to start betting on Overwatch today:
Step 1: Choose a Top Online Sportsbook
Our reviews and comparisons help you pick the right online sportsbook for you. In this example, we will be using the top Overwatch betting site. Visit BetUS by clicking here.
Step 2: Register a New Account
Click on the JOIN button, located in the top right corner. This will open a registration form that requires your name, date for birth, and address. Fill it out and choose the account password.
Step 3: Activate the Account
You will receive an email from BetUS with the account number. You can use this number and the selected password to sign in on the site and fully activate the account.
Step 4: Make a Deposit
After signing in, you can click on the Quick Deposit button to bring up the cashier. Select a payment method, enter the details, and confirm the transaction. Don’t forget to claim the welcome bonus by entering the promo code.
Step 5: Go to the Esports Page and Bet
Select the Sportsbook tab from the top and scroll down to esports on the list on the left. Then browse the available markets and enjoy Overwatch esport betting.
How Overwatch Esports Works
Overwatch is a competitive online video game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It is played between two teams of six players. Each player can select a character from over 30 options, known as heroes. Every hero has their own set of abilities that can help them survive, take down the opponent, or help the team.
It stands out from your standard MOBA games with its first-person shooting perspective. There are four competitive game modes and multiple maps for playing Overwatch. The winning team is the one that achieves the goal for the respective mode. In most cases, players have to take down the enemies and control key points.
Since it is a team vs team game, Overwatch is a popular pick for esports betting. Tournaments are held throughout the year, bringing together teams and players from around the world. They compete for real money prizes in a set tournament format. In many ways, Overwatch betting is similar to any other sport, like NBA betting.
Best Markets for Betting on Overwatch
You have multiple markets for betting on Overwatch. Some are easier and more straightforward than others. The right betting options can depend on your experience with sports betting and with the game. We will cover the best Overwatch betting markets that you should consider for the next big event.
The match winner bet in Overwatch esports is the easiest to make. It is simply a wager on who you think will win the respective match. This normally applies to the winner of the entire match-up against the two teams. Some matches can be best-of-three or best-of-five, especially during the finals of a tournament.
For an example, let’s look at one of the best seasons of Overwatch League. In 2020, the San Francisco Shock and the Seoul Dynasty made it to the final. The match winner odds were of -200 for Shock and +145 for Dynasty. So, a bet of $200 on Shock would result in a $100 profit since they won the title after a 4-2 match.
Since an Overwatch match in esports is usually made out of multiple maps, a popular betting market is on the map winner. This only refers to the selected map or round. These are normally marked as Map 1, Map 2, and so on.
If we take a match between the Hangzhou Spark and London Spitfire, Map 1 can have odds of -105 and -125. The teams are pretty even and so the first map is similar to a coin flip.
The outright winner bet refers to the winner of the entire tournament. The odds are normally fixed before the event starts. Bookmakers determine which teams are more likely to take home the trophy based on previous performances.
In 2020, San Francisco Shock was the favorite team to win, since they also won the Overwatch League title in 2019. They had odds of +225, followed by New York Excelsior at +350. Atlanta Reign was third with +650 odds. So, a $100 bet on Shock would have landed fans $225 in profits.
The market for total kills in Overwatching betting is similar to the options for total points in other sports. Bookmakers establish a score and users can bet on the actual total being over or under that score.
The most common bet here is the total number of kills achieved by both teams during the match. Some bookies can also give fans the options to bet on the total kills for certain players.
A handicap in Overwatch betting gives the stronger team a map-based disadvantage over the weaker team. This basically means that the favorite team has to cover the map handicap in order for the bet to be successful.
Let’s say that the SF Shock has a -1.5 handicap at +120 and the Seoul Dynasty has +1.5 at +100. The odds are now closer and it can be easier for bettors to pick a favorite. Since Shock won by 4-2, they also covered the spread and would have been the correct handicap bet.
Also known as an accumulator, a parlay bet is a combination of multiple bets. You can add several Overwatch betting markets to the ticket and place them all as a single bet. The odds combine so if all the selections are successful, the payout is much larger. However, a single missed selection usually means that the bet is lost.
Parlay betting can combine different types of bets as well. For example, you can add two match winners and a handicap to form a parlay. Add your selections to the slip and then enter the stake in the accumulator tab.
Overwatch Betting Odds & Lines
As we touched a bit on Overwatch betting odds and lines, it is clear that they are similar to sports betting odds. The sportsbook presents lines for the respective betting options based on probability. Betting on a team with lower implied probability means a higher risk for a larger payout.
For this example, let’s use the match between San Francisco Shock and the Vancouver Titans.
As we can see from the lines, Shock is the favorite to win at -225, while the Titans have odds of +185. This means that if we bet $100 on the Titans and they end up winning, we receive $185 plus our $100 bet back. A $100 bet on Shock would only net us a $44.44 profit, along with the $100 stake, since the team is more likely to win.
Our Top 5 Overwatch Betting Tips
The right Overwatch betting tips can help you win more in the long run while enjoying the thrill of gambling. These can help you get started and ensure that you continue on the right path:
1. Familiarize yourself with the game
As it is with all betting, it is important to know the sport before betting on it. For Overwatch, you can check out the beginner tutorials, follow educational Overwatch esports YouTube channels, and just play the game. It only requires a single-time purchase of around $20 for the standard edition.
2. Study the teams and the players
This is arguably the most important part for successful Overwatch betting. You need to know the teams and the players, their recent results, strengths, and weaknesses. Players switch quite often between Overwatch esports teams, so don’t get stuck too much on previous team performances.
3. Search for the best Overwatch betting odds
We recommend comparing the odds at the top esports online sportsbooks before placing your bets. The lines can vary based on bookmaker and on the match, So, once you are sure about your Overwatch betting picks, look for the lines that provide the highest payouts if successful.
4. Take advantage of sportsbook bonuses
A big advantage to online betting is that you have access to large sportsbook bonuses. These allow you to increase your bankroll and bet more money. As we’ve highlighted above, some of the best Overwatch betting sites can double the balance. There are also free bets, rebate, and other promos to help you with the results.
5. Bet responsibly
Always remember to practice responsible Overwatch betting. We recommend setting limits for deposits and for the amount you wager within a week. Don’t exceed your limits and don’t bet more than you can afford to lose. Even if you are very confident in the selection, stay within budget.
The Best Overwatch Esports Tournaments
Overwatch normally has multiple tournaments taking place throughout the year. Major organizers do their best to cater to different markets without overlapping schedules for the main teams. While many Overwatch esports tournaments are exclusively held online, the top ones usually take place in local venues.
The Overwatch League is an annual competition officially organized by the game developer, Blizzard. It starts with a regular season that has 20 city-based franchises from around the world. After the regular season, teams can no longer change players and the playoffs begin.
The top 12 teams qualify for the postseason, where they compete for a share of the prize pool of around $4-$5 million. The actual amount depends on how many players purchase Overwatch esports skins. The championship playoffs are the most popular for bettors, culminating with the final that awards the top prizes.
Overwatch Contenders is a series of high-level Overwatch tournaments. It is for pro players who want to make it to the Overwatch League. As a result, it is not as big in popularity, both in viewership and in betting markets. The good news is that it takes place in seven regions, providing a lot of action throughout the year.
Winners of the Overwatch Contenders advance to the Trials. The combined total prize pools for all regions can range from $1.3 million to $2.5 million. Popular Overwatch Contenders betting tournaments are for North America, Europe, Korea, and Australia.
Overwatch World Cup
The Overwatch World Cup (OWWC) is another massive esports tournament organized by Blizzard. It started in 2016 and took place annually for several years before it was paused in 2020. The teams represent their respective countries and only have native players. South Korea has won the OWWC three times, and USA once.
The format for the tournament changed every year but the most recent one had qualifier rounds for five spots. The other teams five teams were invited directly based on the rankings of their players. The total prize pool for the 2019 Overwatch World Cup was only of $205,000.
Other Overwatch Tournaments
In addition to the big tournaments, fans can follow local events for rising stars. These are not usually available for online Overwatch esports betting, but can be exciting to watch. One of the biggest events here is the Overwatch Collegiate Championship Series in North America. It has a prize pool of $51,600 and involves 210 teams.
The Saudi eLeagues is also pretty popular after two successful seasons. The most recent season had a prize pool of around $106,000 and was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Best Overwatch Esports Teams
Keep in mind that the rankings for Overwatch esports teams can change every season. Also, while the team names remain the same, the players can change quite frequently. These are the top Overwatch teams that you will probably come across when betting online:
|San Francisco Shock||USA||Super, Viol2t, FiNN, Kilo, Proper, s9mm||Overwatch League 2020 – 1st Place, Overwatch League 2019 – 1st Place||$3,545,500|
|Shanghai Dragons||China||Fleta, LIP, Whoru, Fate, Void, Izayaki, LeeJaeGon||Overwatch League 2021 – 1st Place, Overwatch League 2020 – 3rd Place||$2,852,751|
|New York Excelsior||USA||Flora, Yaki, Kellan, Gangnamjin, Myunb0ng||Overwatch League 2019 – 3rd Place, Overwatch league Season 2018 – 1st Place||$1,539,000|
|London Spitfire||UK||SparkR, Shax, Backbone, Hadi, Poko, provide||Overwatch League 2019 – 7-8th Place, Overwatch League 2018 – 1st Place||$1,425,000|
|Seoul Dynasty||South Korea||FITS, Profit, Creative, Stalk3r, smurf, Vindaim||Overwatch League 2020 – 2nd Place, Overwatch league 2019 – 7-8th Place||$1,168,100|
Best Overwatch Esports Players
While Overwatch is a team game, there are always players that stand out as being great. Some have accumulated significant fortunes in prizes throughout their careers. The ranking is always changing but you can find the best Overwatch esports players here:
|Jun-woo Kang||Void||South Korea||Shanghai Dragons||$511,008|
|Matthew DeLisi||Super||USA||San Francisco Shock||$590,252|
|Han-been Choi||Hanbin||South Korea||Dallas Fuel||$181,086|
|Sung-hyeon Bang||JJoNak||South Korea||Seoul Dynasty||$260,147|
|Jae-won Lee||LIP||South Korea||Shanghai Dragons||$498,849|
Overwatch League Schedule 2022
The Overwatch League 2022 Season will start on May 5th and will conclude with the Playoffs final on November 5th. The intense action over the course of 27 weeks will test the teams in order to determine the 2022 champion. The Overwatch League Schedule 2022 breakdown is as follows:
- May 05 – June 05: Kickoff Clash – Online Play
- June 16 – July 23: Midseason Madness – Online Play
- August 11 – September 11: Summer Showdown – Online Play
- September 22 – October 23: Countdown Cup – Online Play
- October 31 – November 05: Playoffs – Online Play
Overwatch Esports Stats
Over the years, Overwatch has achieved some impressive figures in viewership, prize pools, and more. Let’s take a look at some of the key stats for Overwatch esports.
- The Overwatch league 2018 Playoffs were the most popular in terms of concurrent viewers, averaging 130,443 users.
- In 2019, the Overwatch League set a new record for hours watched and maintained over 300,000 peak viewers.
- Starting with the 2020 Season, Overwatch League was exclusively streamed on YouTube and no longer on Twitch.
- The Overwatch League 2020 Playoffs had peak viewership of 183,036 viewers.
- In 2021, the Overwatch League Grand Final had 134,320 peak viewers.
- The most popular team in the 2021 League Season was the Shanghai Dragons, averaging 96,400 viewers per match.
- Overwatch esports competitions awarded $2 million in prizes in 2016, $3.49 million in 2017, $6.62 million in 2018, and peaked at $9.59 million in 2019.
- In 2020, the cumulative prize pool for all Overwatch competitions was of $6.39 million and it dropped to $4.66 million in 2021.
Best Payment Methods for Overwatch
The top Overwatch betting sites accept multiple payment methods. These allow users to add funds to the account in order to bet real money on the games. The perfect option can depend on your preferences, so we will quickly cover the best deposit methods.
Bitcoin has quickly become one of the best payment methods for Overwatch betting. It is accepted at all of the featured sites and it is very easy to use. You will need to open a Bitcoin wallet and purchase the cryptocurrency before using it to deposit. Bitcoin payments are usually processed instantly and without any fees.
In addition to Bitcoin, you may also deposit using various other cryptos at selected sites, such as BetOnline. Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin are among the most popular. Other options are Ripple, Cardano, Dogecoin, Avalanche, Binance Coin, Shiba Inu, Stellar, Tether, Solana, USD Coin, and Chainlink.
Credit and debit cards remain convenient options for online payments. Most players already have cards in their wallets and know how to use them. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are available at leading online sportsbooks. However, the deposit bonuses are usually smaller than they are when using Bitcoin.
Bank wire transfers can be good for larger deposits, but they come with a few drawbacks. First of all, the minimum limit for a wire transfer for Overwatch betting is usually of $500. It can also take 3-5 business days for the funds to reach the account, depending on the processing system at the bank.
Person to Person
Person to Person is accepted at most offshore sportsbooks. It is an international money transfer system that allows individuals to send money between them. For Overwatch betting deposits, users can request a Person to Person ID and send the funds. Fees can go up to $50 and it can take five days for the money to be in the balance.
More on Esports Betting
While checking out the Overwatch betting lines, make sure to also look at the other esports titles.
- CS:GO – The most iconic esports first person shooter (FPS) and a popular choice for online betting.
- League of Legends – One of the most popular MOBA esports games with loads of tournaments every year.
- Dota 2 – A record-breaking esports title with an annual tournament awarding over $40 million in prizes.
- Rocket League – A different esports video game that combines racing and soccer into one thrilling ride.
- Valorant – The first-person hero shooter from Riot Games that quickly rose in popularity after 2020 launch.
Best Overwatch Betting Site
BetUS is the best Overwatch betting site. Its esports section is user-friendly and presents markets for all of the popular games mentioned above. It is also a reliable bookmaker with over 25 years of experience. The long history, combined with the sharp betting odds, makes BetUS America’s favorite sportsbook.
As a new player, you are eligible for large bonuses on the first deposit. You can claim a combo pack that adds 200% extra for Overwatch betting and for casino gaming. All of this while benefiting from secure banking with fast withdrawals.