Hearthstone betting has quickly become one of the most popular forms of esports gambling. This fact is all the more impressive when considering that Hearthstone has only been around since 2013. By comparison, many notable esports have been available much longer.
You can keep reading to find out more about Hearthstone betting—one of the most popular types of esports wagering. This page covers the best Hearthstone betting sites, how the game works, odds, tips, tournaments, and more.
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|Claim a $5,555 Welcome Bonus package||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
- 1 Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
- 2 Reviews of the Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
- 2.1 1. BetOnline – Best Hearthstone Betting Site in General
- 2.2 2. BetUS – Great for Hearthstone Betting & Esports Gambling Overall
- 2.3 3. SportsBetting.ag – Largest Variety of Hearthstone Wagers
- 2.4 4. Bovada – Watch Hearthstone Tournaments through a High-Quality Livestream
- 2.5 5. MyBookie – Offers a Large Number of Hearthstone Prop Bets
- 3 Comparing the Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
- 4 How to Sign Up & Bet on Hearthstone Esports
- 5 How Hearthstone Esports Betting Works
- 6 Hearthstone Betting Markets
- 7 Hearthstone Betting Odds
- 8 Our Top 5 Hearthstone Betting Tips
- 9 The Best Esports Hearthstone Tournaments
- 10 Top Hearthstone Esports Teams
- 11 Best Hearthstone Esports Players
- 12 Hearthstone Esports Schedule 2022
- 13 Hearthstone Esports Stats
- 14 Best Payment Methods for Hearthstone Betting
- 15 More on Esports Betting
- 16 Best Hearthstone Betting Site
- 17 FAQs
Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
- BetOnline – Our top pick for Hearthstone betting.
- BetUS – Offers the industry’s biggest Hearthstone betting bonus.
- Sportsbetting.ag – Features plenty of Hearthstone bet types.
- Bovada – Watch esports through one of the best live streams.
- MyBookie – Place exciting prop bets on Hearthstone.
- Everygame – Quality online sportsbook with Hearthstone betting.
- Betnow – Newer betting site with plenty of esports lines.
- GTBets – Offers a little Hearthstone action, plus other esports betting odds.
- BUSR – A user-friendly online sportsbook with big bonuses.
- Xbet – Provides betting promotions on a routine basis.
Reviews of the Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
Many online sportsbooks accept Hearthstone wagers due to this game’s popularity. Of course, some of these bookmakers are a cut above the rest. You can check out our top picks for Hearthstone esports betting below.
These offshore sportsbooks excel in terms of bonuses, betting variety, banking options, and/or customer support, but do remember that Hearthstone betting only tends to be available during the bigger, more lucrative tournaments.
1. BetOnline – Best Hearthstone Betting Site in General
BetOnline provides a nice all-around Hearthstone betting experience thanks to its bet types and features. Available Hearthstone wagers include moneylines, outrights, early markets, live bets, and over/under (a.k.a. totals). The features let you change the Hearthstone betting odds and timezone.
The BetOnline bonus offers a 50% match on your first deposit up to $1,000. You must deposit $55 or more and use code BOL1000 to qualify. We’re not fans of the 50% match nor the $55 minimum deposit, but the size of this bonus is great.
This esports betting site accepts lots of cryptocurrencies, including everything from Avalanche to Shiba Inu. It also lets you deposit through traditional banking methods, such as credit cards, money orders, and wire transfers. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to watch matches through live stream after depositing. You’ll need to find a Hearthstone esports YouTube or Twitch channel to do this.
What we like:
- Many bet types and Hearthstone markets
- Frequent promotions
- Large welcome bonus
- Deposit using over a dozen cryptocurrencies
What we don’t:
- No live streaming
- $55 minimum deposit to qualify for welcome bonus
2. BetUS – Great for Hearthstone Betting & Esports Gambling Overall
BetUS is a close challenger to BetOnline for Hearthstone betting supremacy. It offers many lines on Hearthstone tournaments throughout the year. It also provides several bet types, such as moneylines, prop bets, live wagers, outrights, and futures. This mobile sportsbook is good for esports betting in general too because it covers 8–15 markets at any point.
The BetUS welcome bonus (code JOIN125) is one of the industry’s largest, offering up to $3,125. This deal provides a 100% match sports bonus of up to $2,500, plus a 25% casino bonus of up to $625. We’d prefer that the entire bonus was for sports/esports wagering, but $2.5k without playing casino games. is fine by us.
Just like BetOnline, BetUS doesn’t offer live streaming either. It does make up for this absence, though, with interesting features. You can change the type of betting odds, sort lines by league, and change the language.
What we like:
- Huge welcome bonus
- Plenty of Hearthstone betting coverage
- Many other esports markets
- Helpful features
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t offer live streaming
- Welcome bonus includes casino games
3. SportsBetting.ag – Largest Variety of Hearthstone Wagers
This online sportsbook stands out thanks to its multitude of Hearthstone bet types. SportsBetting.ag features totals, outrights, futures, prop bets, live wagers, and moneylines. It provides live streaming so that you can watch wagers play out after making them.
You can pick up the SportsBetting.ag bonus by depositing at least $55 and using code SB1000. This deal provides a 50% match on your first deposit up to $1,000. We’re not crazy about the $55 minimum deposit or 50% match—just like with BetOnline’s bonus. We’re certainly pleased with the $1k max, though.
SportsBetting.ag accepts over a dozen cryptocurrencies. You can deposit using Bitcoin, Chainlink, Ethereum, and Solana, just to name a few. SportsBetting takes standard deposit methods too, including Visa, Mastercard, and bank wire.
What we like:
- Live streaming
- Many Hearthstone bet types
- Accepts deposits in many cryptocurrencies
What we don’t:
- Large deposit required for bonus
- Welcome bonus only offers 50% match
4. Bovada – Watch Hearthstone Tournaments through a High-Quality Livestream
Bovada is one of the best betting sites for watching Hearthstone after placing wagers. It offers a high-definition live stream that’s great for viewing tournaments and matches.
The only downside is that it doesn’t cover Hearthstone as well as our top 3 online sportsbooks do. Bovada partially makes up for this, though, by offering great esports gambling coverage from an all-around perspective. You can expect 8–12 esports on a regular basis here, including the likes of Rainbow Six and Call of Duty.
You’ll secure the Bovada bonus by making a $20 deposit and using code BVD1000. This deal matches your first deposit by 100% up to $1,000. Wagering requirements are just 5x on this bonus—compared to the 10x industry average. Remember, though, you do have to deposit with a cryptocurrency to qualify.
What we like:
- Quality streaming service
- Low bonus wagering requirements
- Covers many other esports markets
What we don’t:
- A limited selection of Hearthstone betting opportunities
- Welcome bonus only available through crypto deposits
5. MyBookie – Offers a Large Number of Hearthstone Prop Bets
This bookmaker does a solid job of offering many prop bets for Hearthstone and other esports. That said, you can look forward to some unique wagers here. You’ll also enjoy common Hearthstone wagers too, including moneylines, spreads, and totals. The one drawback here, though, is that MyBookie doesn’t offer an abundance of Hearthstone betting odds.
The MyBookie welcome bonus is a 100% match up to $1,000. You must use code INSIDERS and deposit at least $50 to qualify. The INSIDERS code is important because it ensures that you get a 100% match bonus—not MyBookie’s standard 50% match. Looking past the welcome deal, you can also expect regular reload bonuses at this site.
What we like:
- Many esports prop bets
- Regular promotions
- Live streaming
What we don’t:
- Needs more Hearthstone betting lines
- Large deposit required for welcome deal
Comparing the Best Hearthstone Betting Sites
The 10 best Hearthstone betting sites listed here all offer live wagering. Therefore, you’ll be able to place live Hearthstone bets at any of these sites. The real question is which betting sites offer live streaming. You can find out while comparing each Hearthstone betting website in the following table.
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Live Betting||Live Streaming|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||❌|
|BetUS||125% deposit match up to $3,125||✅||❌|
|SportsBetting.ag||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||✅|
|Bovada||100% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||✅|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $500||✅||✅|
|Everygame||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||❌|
|Betnow||100% deposit match up to $500||✅||❌|
|GTBets||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||❌|
|BUSR||100% deposit match up to $500||✅||✅|
|Xbet||50% deposit match up to $1,000||✅||✅|
How to Sign Up & Bet on Hearthstone Esports
The signup process is the first step to wagering on Hearthstone for money. Most esports betting sites generally feature the following registration steps:
1. Join a Hearthstone Esports Betting Site
Visit a Hearthstone betting site’s homepage and choose the join/signup option.
2. Enter your Details
Enter your name, email, password, phone number, country, and ZIP code to register your new esports betting account.
3. Select your Deposit Method
Visit the cashier section to select your chosen deposit method, Bitcoin, credit card, Altcoin, etc.
4. Claim your Bonus
Enter a Hearthstone betting bonus code (optional) to unlock your welcome bonus.
5. Make a Deposit
Deposit your chosen amount into your account, claim your welcome bonus, and navigate your way back to the esports betting content to wager on your favorite games.
How Hearthstone Esports Betting Works
What is Hearthstone? It’s a collectible card game (CCG) that’s based on Magic the Gathering. Launched by Activision Blizzard in 2013, Hearthstone has become a highly popular esport. The esports version’s rules are fairly simple and work as follows:
- Pro players usually compete in one-on-one matches.
- Each player selects a hero and builds their deck around that hero.
- Cards can include minions, spells, or weapons. They also fall into legendary, epic, rare, or common categories.
- Both players start with 30 life points.
- The goal is to reduce the opponent’s life to 0 points.
- The first player to act in a turn pulls out three cards; the second player pulls out four.
Gameplay can vary slightly in tournaments. A Hearthstone tournament normally involves teams of three players, each with two decks. Any player who loses all of their life goes to the bench along with their decks.
Hearthstone Betting Markets
As covered in our mini-reviews, the 5 best Hearthstone betting sites offer plenty of markets and bet types. You can especially look forward to many markets when Hearthstone World Championship betting rolls around.
Some other notable tournaments and events also draw plenty of gambling action. As for wager types, you can read about what’s available for Hearthstone below.
Moneyline (Match Winner)
A moneyline bet hinges on a Hearthstone match-winner. You’ll win a wager so long as you pick the winning pro. Here’s an example of what a moneyline looks like:
- Enzo “Warma” Floch +145
- Thijs “Thijs” Molendijk -120
You’d win $145 for every $100 wagered on the underdog Warma. Meanwhile, you’d win $100 for every $120 bet on the favored Thijs.
An outright is popular for Hearthstone tournament betting and requires you to pick a tourney’s overall winner. Given that this feat is hard to do, each outright selection has longer odds. Here’s an example of a Hearthstone outright wager:
- Sato “glory” Kenta +250
- Jaromír “Jarla” Vyskočil +400
- Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li +550
- Dima “Rdu” Radu +750
- Raphael “BunnyHoppor” Peltzer +1000
As the name implies, these bets revolve around outcomes that’ll happen at some point in the future. For example, you might wager on who’ll win the Hearthstone World Championship months in advance.
Prop wagers involve outcomes that aren’t associated with the match-winner. Turn wagers are popular examples of Hearthstone prop bets. A Turn bet calls on bettors to guess how many turns will be in a match. Here’s an example of a Turn wager:
- How many turns will happen in a Hearthstone match?
- Over 9 (-110)
- Under 9 (-110)
Parlay betting requires you to put multiple outcomes on the same ticket. For example, you might predict the winner of three different Hearthstone wager matches. You must get every selection right in order to win the bet.
Given the degree of difficulty, you’ll normally win 6:1 on your bet for a successful 3-team parlay, making this more of a high-risk, high-reward market.
Hearthstone live wagering sees new bets pop up as a match is taking place. An online sportsbook might, for instance, offer an updated Turn bet halfway through the match. Live wagers are time-sensitive and usually don’t last long before they’re gone.
For more on the pros and cons of placing live wagers at sportsbooks, see our detailed live sports betting guide via the link.
Hearthstone Betting Odds
Each Hearthstone betting line features different odds to encourage wagering on all outcomes. Bookmakers skew the odds so that the favorite pays less and the underdog pays more. Here’s an example of Hearthstone betting odds and how they affect potential payouts for winning wagers:
- Jerome “Monsanto” Faucher -150 (bet $100 to win $150 in profit)
- Raphael “BunnyHopper” Peltzer +125 (bet $100 to win $125 in profit)
Our Top 5 Hearthstone Betting Tips
Online betting Hearthstone strategy is a complex subject that requires time to master. If you put enough hours into the matter, then you might eventually beat the bookies. We can’t guarantee that you’ll ever reach this level of mastery. You can get off to a stronger start, though, by following the 5 Hearthstone betting tips listed below.
1. Shop Around for the Best Hearthstone Betting Odds
Hearthstone betting lines are usually similar across the board. You can occasionally find more value at one online sportsbook versus another. One bookmaker might have BunnyHopper at -135 odds, while another has him at -125 odds (the better deal).
As a result, we suggest opening multiple sportsbook accounts so that you can quickly move from one site to the next in search of better value.
2. Learn the Game at a Basic Level
You’re likely interested in Hearthstone betting because you enjoy playing this collectible card game. If so, you’ll have an easier time understanding what is and isn’t a good bet.
Assuming you don’t understand the game well, though, you should play it and watch some Hearthstone YouTube videos. Basic knowledge of the game will improve your ability to know which players can exceed their odds.
3. Familiarize Yourself with the Players and Teams
Once you understand Hearthstone itself, you should begin learning more about the pros and teams. The goal is to study players’ and teams’ strengths and weaknesses. For example, some pros may play especially well in major tournaments compared to smaller events. They’d be offering you more value with an outright bet in this case.
4. Look for the Best Hearthstone Betting Bonuses
Most esports betting sites offer welcome bonuses to new signups. Some stand out over others, though, due to their match percentage, size, and/or terms and conditions. The T&Cs are crucial here because they dictate how easily you’ll be able to earn the bonus money.
You especially want low wagering requirements in the 5x–10x range.
5. Set Up Your Bankroll
You don’t want to jump into Hearthstone betting without a plan. Instead, you should have a good idea of bankroll management to avoid blowing your money.
For starters, you can break your bankroll down into units (e.g. 30 units worth $10 apiece). You should then decide a limit on how many units you’ll risk for each match (e.g. 1–2 units per match).
The Best Esports Hearthstone Tournaments
This game boasts one of the largest tournament followings, meaning esports betting on Hearthstone is a big deal. Most of the tourney action revolves around the Hearthstone Masters Series, which culminates in the World Championship.
Regional events, such as the Americas Winter Championship, have a large following as well. Below, you can see the biggest esports Hearthstone tournaments and events in ascending order.
5. North America – Winter Championship
Previously called the Americas Winter Championship, this event draws thousands of amateur Hearthstone hopefuls each year. The team of “luna” and “Pugsy” won the 2022 Winter Championship, defeating a 2,433-player field to win $6,000.
4. Masters Qualifiers
The road to the Hearthstone World Championship takes place in three phases. Masters Qualifiers are the entry-level phase, where players compete for spots on the Masters Tours. Amateurs can make their pro dreams a reality through these qualifiers.
3. Masters Tours
Offering $3 million in total prize money, Masters Tours take place in Asia, Europe, and North America. Top players earn cash prizes and spots in Grandmasters events.
Only 48 players earn Grandmaster status each season. They compete for $1 million in prize money and a spot in the World Championship.
1. Hearthstone World Championship (Masters Series)
Eight Grandmasters qualify for the Hearthstone World Championship. The latest winners of the World Championship have taken home $200,000. Japan’s Wataru “Posesi” Ishibashi is the most-recent champion. He beat Sato “glory” Kenta, who took down the 2020 championship along with $200k.
Top Hearthstone Esports Teams
Hearthstone teams earn points by competing in events and racking up wins. Rankings flip flop every year based on how a team is currently doing. The top squads are those that have the most points and not necessarily the biggest winnings. You can check out the current top teams based on their points and world rankings below.
|T1||European Union||BoarControl, Fenomeno, Orange, Surrender, Xixo||1,015||$45,000|
|Team Love u Lots||USA||Chakki, Muzzy, Zalae||1,005||$150,000|
|Fogsail Freebooters||France & USA||Dog, Hafu, ShtanUdachi, ThijsNL||1,002||$80,000|
|RDU’s Team||Greece & Romania||Habugabu & Rdu||1,002||$5,000|
|StrifeCro / Kolento||Ukraine & USA||Kolento & StrifeCro||1,000||$5,000|
Best Hearthstone Esports Players
Hearthstone has become extremely competitive at the top due to the World Championship’s prize money. As mentioned before, annual champions earn $200,000. The following five players are currently at the top of a very competitive field.
|Thijs Molendijk||Thijs||Netherlands||G2 Esports||$524,540|
|Kim Jung-soo||Surrender||South Korea||T1||$342,782|
|Raphael Peltzer||BunnyHoppor||Germany||Team Liquid||$345,213|
|Dima Radu||Rdu||Romania||Rdu’s Team||$231,500|
Hearthstone Esports Schedule 2022
The Hearthstone esports schedule includes plenty of big tournaments each year. As covered earlier, the World Championship and its qualifiers constitute the biggest events.
Masters Tours tourneys run throughout much of the year. Grandmasters events take place once the 48 finalists are determined. The Hearthstone World Championship will then run after the final eight Grandmasters are whittled down. As of now, the World Championship date is TBA.
Hearthstone Esports Stats
The Hearthstone esports world currently features some interesting stats and numbers. The following stats show intriguing numbers based on prize money, viewership, and more.
- Grandmasters Europe 2022 drew over 1.5 million hours in streaming viewership.
- The World Championship, which doesn’t include as many events as Grandmasters, averages over 390k hours in streaming viewership.
- Dutch pro Thijs Molendijk currently has the most winnings among Hearthstone players having amassed $524,540 thus far.
- As of 2022, the number of active weekly Hearthstone players is between 150,000 and 280,000.
- Japan’s Sato “glory” Kenta is the only player to make two World Championship finals. Glory finished first in 2020 and second in 2021.
- An average of 3.9 million people play Hearthstone across all platforms each month.
- Hearthstone ranks sixth all-time in Twitch views with over 16 million.
Best Payment Methods for Hearthstone Betting
Most Hearthstone betting sites feature a wide variety of deposit methods. Depending upon the bookmaker, these banking methods often include both traditional options and cryptocurrencies. You can see our top picks for Hearthstone betting payment methods below.
Launched in 2009, Bitcoin is the granddaddy of cryptocurrencies. It’s true decentralized money that allows for quick peer-to-peer transactions. BTC cuts out the middleman and has tiny fees, which go to the “miners” who facilitate transactions. Bitcoin is great for deposits and withdrawals thanks to its low fees and fast speed.
Most Other Cryptocurrencies
Many other cryptocurrencies are great for deposits and cashouts as well. Avalanche, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Ethereum, Litecoin, Solana, Tether, and XRP (Ripple) are useful options. They share most of Bitcoin’s same characteristics when it comes to reliable esports betting payments.
Visa & Mastercard
These major credit cards are the best for instant transactions and ease of use. Chances are, you’ve used a credit card to pay for something online. Therefore, you’ll have no trouble making esports betting deposits with Visa or Mastercard. The only downside is that some issuing banks are quick to reject online gambling transactions.
If you’ve had credit card deposits rejected, you might consider making a bank transfer. Just like with Visa or Mastercard, you’ll find online banking to be really easy. But the drawback is that bank transfers usually take 3–5 days to complete.
Neteller & Skrill
Skrill and Neteller are two of the world’s leading e-wallets and most new betting sites will allow transactions using either.
Both offer fast deposits (less than 24 hours) and withdrawals (0–2 days). You should always check esports bonus terms and conditions, though, because Neteller and Skrill deposits don’t always qualify for bonuses.
More on Esports Betting
The esports betting world is a vast place with many options. You’ll find plenty of esports at leading online sportsbooks. Here’s a quick look at the leading games for esports betting purposes.
- CS:GO – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the top first-person shooter esport and has paid over $100 million in prize money.
- Dota 2 – This MOBA is the world’s most popular esport and has awarded $230 million in prizes.
- League of Legends – LoL, a MOBA released in 2009, has delivered more than $80 million in player payouts.
- Rocket League – This up-and-comer is a unique esport that sees pros play soccer in cars.
- Valorant – Valorant is a first-person shooter that involves teams of 5 players facing each other.
Best Hearthstone Betting Site
BetOnline is our favorite Hearthstone online sportsbook for a few reasons. It offers plenty of bet types, adequate Hearthstone markets, a big welcome bonus, and many banking methods. BetOnline also provides many promotions beyond the welcome bonus to keep you busy.
This betting site could further distance itself from the pack with live streaming. As is, though, BetOnline is still the best Hearthstone betting site. It offers everything you could want when gambling on this game.
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|