If you want to learn everything about South Carolina sports betting, you are in the right place. This guide will cover the best sites for sports betting in South Carolina, the current laws and regulations, the retail bookmakers, and more. We want to give you the tools to win more from online sports betting. Discover the top odds, largest bonuses, fastest withdrawals, and more. Read on for the full rundown!
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|100% up to $500 - INSIDERS||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
- 1 The Best South Carolina Sports Betting Sites List 2022
- 2 Best South Carolina Sportsbooks Reviewed
- 2.1 1. BetOnline – Overall Best Site for South Carolina Online Sports Betting
- 2.2 2. Xbet – Premium South Carolina Sports Betting Odds
- 2.3 3. BetUS – Top South Carolina Sportsbook for Online Sports Betting Bonuses
- 2.4 4. Bovada – Best South Carolina Sports Betting Site for NCAA Betting
- 2.5 5. MyBookie – 100% Bonus for Online Sports Betting in South Carolina
- 3 More on gambling in South Carolina…
- 4 South Carolina Betting Sites Comparison
- 5 Timeline: South Carolina Sports Betting Movements
- 6 Who Can Bet on Sports in South Carolina
- 7 How to Bet on Sports in South Carolina
- 8 Is Sports Betting Legal in South Carolina?
- 9 When Will Betting be Legal in South Carolina?
- 10 Supporters and Opponents of the 2022 Ballot for Legal Sports Betting in South Carolina
- 11 Previous Sports Betting Bills in South Carolina
- 12 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in South Carolina
- 13 Payment Methods Available at South Carolina Betting Sites
- 14 Bonuses Available at South Carolina Betting Sites
- 15 Popular Sports to Bet on in South Carolina
- 15.1 NFL Betting in South Carolina
- 15.2 NBA Betting in South Carolina
- 15.3 MLB Betting in South Carolina
- 15.4 NHL Betting in South Carolina
- 15.5 NCAAB Betting in South Carolina
- 15.6 NCAAF Betting in South Carolina
- 15.7 Golf Betting in South Carolina
- 15.8 Horse Racing Betting in South Carolina
- 15.9 DFS is Legal in South Carolina
- 16 Live Betting with South Carolina Sportsbooks
- 17 How South Carolina Sports Betting Stacks Up to Bordering States
- 18 More on South Carolina Gambling
- 19 Best Online Betting Site in South Carolina
- 20 Sports Betting South Carolina FAQ
The Best South Carolina Sports Betting Sites List 2022
After an in-depth analysis of the South Carolina sports betting market, we present to you the top 10 online sportsbooks in The Palmetto State. Each one is unique in its own way but all of them offer an amazing online sports betting experience.
- BetOnline – Overall Best Site for Online Sports Betting in South Carolina
- Xbet – Premium South Carolina Sports Betting Odds
- BetUS – Top Bonuses for Online Sports Betting South Carolina
- Bovada – Best South Carolina Sportsbook for NCAA Betting
- MyBookie – 100% Bonus for South Carolina Online Sports Betting
- SportsBetting.ag – Leading South Carolina Live Betting Platform with Streaming
- Everygame – Most Welcoming South Carolina Sports Betting Site for Beginners
- BetUSR – Famous Sports Betting Brand with Top-Notch Online Security
- GTbets – Three Deposit Bonuses for More SC Sports Betting Profits
- BetNow – Greatest South Carolina Racebook with 10% Rebate
Best South Carolina Sportsbooks Reviewed
Before you dive into the action, we will take a closer look at the top five best South Carolina sports betting sites. This way, you can know their strengths and how they fit your requirements.
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Site for South Carolina Online Sports Betting
BetOnline gets the highly coveted number one spot in our list of the best South Carolina sports betting sites. First of all, the online sportsbook has a superb platform that makes it easy to place bets online and on mobile. Secondly, it is a premium bookmaker that covers all of the major sports in the USA and beyond. Bettors will find great coverage for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, soccer championships, and much more.
We also love BetOnline for South Carolina online sports betting because of its sharp odds. It often has some of the best lines in the state, offering better payouts for active customers. There are even some odds boosters available every day, improving selected lines for popular matches even more. We recommend checking out the Player Props Builder as well, since this feature can be really profitable for experienced bettors.
And if you need even more reasons to give BetOnline a try for South Carolina online sports betting, there is a 50% sportsbook welcome bonus waiting on the first deposit. Register today and enter the promo code BOL1000 for up to $1,000 extra. If you are depositing with crypto, you are eligible for a 100% bonus with the code CRYPTO100.
- Supports straight bets, parlays, teasers, and if bets on the slip
- The best-looking sports betting interface for online and mobile
- Dedicated BetOnline racebook on the same site with daily events
- Exclusive betting contests with prizes pools of up to $1,000,000
- Not that many sportsbook promotions
2. Xbet – Premium South Carolina Sports Betting Odds
Xbet is a leading online sportsbook in South Carolina that was established in 2013. The bookmaker definitely focuses on the most popular sports in the USA but also features major soccer tournaments, international golf championships, and other big events. The interface is pretty simple, so finding the preferred match should not be an issue, especially since the site has a very useful search function. This is perfect for quickly locating the markets for the Clemson Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, and other popular teams.
However, the biggest advantage that Xbet provides is its sharp odds. The sportsbook takes reduced juice to give customers better lines. It also posts the odds early and updates them quickly thanks to the modern platform. All of this means that you can win more with Xbet than with traditional sportsbooks in South Carolina.
And speaking of winnings, Xbet accepts a good range of banking methods and offers fast payouts. Bitcoin is certainly the most convenient option here for South Carolina sports betting online. Other options include MasterCard, Visa, Person 2 Person, Litecoin, and Ethereum. On your first deposit, you can claim a 100% bonus of up to $500. Use the exclusive Xbet promo code XB100 from our review page and deposit $45 or more to qualify.
- Low rollover requirement of 7x for the sportsbook bonus
- Withdrawals approved within 48 hours for fast payouts
- 24/7 customer support by email and live chat
- Sports reload bonuses on all eligible deposits
- Limited statistics for live betting
3. BetUS – Top South Carolina Sportsbook for Online Sports Betting Bonuses
It really is easy to recommend BetUS for online sports betting in South Carolina. It is the longest-running online sportsbook on our list, launching in 1994. Not only is it very secure and reliable, but it also comes with some unique features that make it stand out. First of all, the layout is very clean and makes it easy to browse the 30+ sports available. Live betting is also incorporated well, although users must sign in to view the page.
Even the bonuses are different at BetUS. The operator offers bonus packages for both the sportsbook and the casino. For example, you can claim a 200% deal with the JOIN200 code on a crypto deposit. This consists of a 150% bonus for sports and a 50% casino bonus. If you prefer using traditional banking methods, the welcome offer is of 100% on sports and 25% on casino games, with the code JOIN125. Various reload offers, special promos, and loyalty rewards make BetUS the best South Carolina sports betting site in terms of bonuses.
Another thing that we really love about BetUS is its TV section. This is available on the site and presents picks and predictions for major leagues. Videos are available every week and the expert panels can help bettors make better selections.
- Multi-tier loyalty program for extra bonuses
- Free betting contests with real prizes on major sports
- Mobile site makes it easy to bet on iPhone and Android
- Great range of futures for professional and collegiate leagues
- Welcome bonus expires after 15 days
4. Bovada – Best South Carolina Sports Betting Site for NCAA Betting
College sports are huge in South Carolina and that is why we present the best online sportsbook for NCAA betting in South Carolina. Bovada offers loads of betting options for college sports, often listing over 100 markets for a single NCAAF game. This makes it a top pick for betting on the Clemson Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, and all of your other favorite teams. The vast range of options allows you to pick the bets you feel most confident about for a winning ticket.
Of course, Bovada’s South Carolina sports betting coverage goes way beyond college leagues. In fact, it is one of the largest bookmakers in the nation when it comes to available sports and tournaments. You can find all of your favorite sporting events here across baseball, basketball, boxing, football, soccer, tennis, golf, and so much more. Plus, the number of markets for major leagues is unlike anything else, with up to 300 bets for some NFL matches.
Add in good overall odds and a straightforward live betting interface and it is easy to see why Bovada is one of the top sportsbooks for sports betting in South Carolina. It also has great bonuses and promo codes, with a standard 50% sportsbook welcome offer of up to $250. If you are using Bitcoin to deposit however, you can claim the 75% sportsbook bonus of up to $750 by entering the code BTCWB750.
- Sportsbook and racebook bets earn you reward points
- The most prop betting options for college football
- Provides guides and insights for new customers
- Fast payouts approved in about 24 hours
- Credit card deposit bonus is smaller than at other SC sportsbooks
5. MyBookie – 100% Bonus for Online Sports Betting in South Carolina
Launched in 2014, MyBookie is always a solid pick for online sports betting in South Carolina. The operator is definitely trustworthy and the site uses the latest in 256-bit SSL digital encryption. It also has one of the highest credit card acceptance rates for South Carolina online gambling. This means that players can easily deposit funds and withdraw their winnings. And payouts are generally quick since requests are processed seven days a week.
The good news continues on the promotions page. MyBookie offers a welcome bonus of 100% for up to $1,000 for free. The terms are also very reasonable and only require players to wager the total sum 10 times before cashing out. If you want to skip the 10x requirement altogether, you can opt for the 10% cash bonus by using the promo code 200CASH on the first deposit.
Once your account and your funds are set, you will have no issues navigating the online sportsbook. The site follows the familiar layout, with a list of sports and popular picks on the left. The display shows off the point spread, the moneyline, and the total O/U. You can also view all of the props and check out live betting after signing in.
- Accepts cards and cryptocurrencies for deposits
- Live betting section comes with detailed view
- Online casino with Betsoft slots on the same site
- All-new mobile betting platform available on the browser
- Doesn’t have that many props for most matches
More on gambling in South Carolina…
Learn about all types of online gambling in South Carolina in our expert guides below:
- South Carolina Real Money Online Casinos
- South Carolina Online Poker
- South Carolina Online Gambling
- South Carolina Horse Racing
South Carolina Betting Sites Comparison
We know that all of these South Carolina sports betting sites look very appealing. To help you make the decision, we compare their bonuses, markets, payment methods, and live streaming options here:
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Available Markets||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|BetOnline||50% up to $1,000, 100% up to $1,000 (crypto)||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, boxing, golf, horse racing, martial arts, soccer, tennis, e-sports, Aussie rules, auto racing, cricket, entertainment, financials, handball, lottery, politics, rugby, snooker, table tennis, winter sports||Yes||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar, USDCoin, Tether, Dogecoin, Cardano, Chainlink, Money Orders, Cashier’s Check, Bank Wire, Person to Person|
|Xbet||100% up to $500||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, golf, tennis, MMA, boxing, motor sports, soccer, WNBA, Aussie rules, cricket, cycling, darts, entertainment, hockey, horse racing, rugby, surf, table tennis, volleyball||No||Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, E-Check, MoneyGram, Person to Person|
|BetUS||100% up to $2,500, 150% up to $1,875 (crypto)||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, tennis, golf, soccer, martial arts, horse racing, boxing, table tennis, NASCAR, rugby, motor sports, e-sports, cycling, politics, entertainment, volleyball, surfing, handball, bowls, snooker, pool, Olympics, winter sports||No||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bank Wire, Cash Transfer|
|Bovada||50% up to $250, 75% up to $750 (BTC)||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, Aussie rules, beach volleyball, boxing, cricket, cycling, darts, e-sports, golf, handball, horse racing, motor sports, politics, rugby, snooker, soccer, table tennis, tennis, Olympics, winter sports||Yes||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, MatchPay, Zelle|
|MyBookie||100% up to $1,000||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, golf, tennis, MMA, boxing, motor sports, soccer, WNBA, Aussie rules, cricket, cycling, darts, entertainment, hockey, horse racing, rugby, surf, table tennis, volleyball||Yes||Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, MoneyGram, Person to Person|
|Sports Betting.ag||50% up to $1,000, 100% up to $1,000||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, boxing, golf, horse racing, martial arts, soccer, tennis, e-sports, Aussie rules, auto racing, cricket, entertainment, financials, handball, lottery, politics, rugby, snooker, table tennis, winter sports, wrestling, lacrosse, surfing||Yes||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Tether, USDCoin, Chainlink, Person to Person, Wire Transfer, Money Order, Cashier’s Check|
|Everygame||100% up to $250||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, tennis, Aussie rules, boxing, UFC, cricket, cycling, entertainment, e-sports, golf, handball, motor sports, rugby, snooker, soccer, stock market, table tennis, volleyball||Yes||Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Money Global|
|BetUSR||100% up to $1,000||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, horse racing, MMA, boxing, soccer, golf, entertainment, tennis, motor sports, table tennis, darts, cricket, Aussie rules, cycling, rugby, WNBA, politics||No||Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Person to Person|
|GTbets||100% up to $500||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, darts, e-sports, golf, soccer, horse racing, MMA, boxing, Olympics, politics, table tennis, tennis, volleyball||No||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple, QuickCash|
|BetNow||100% up to $500||NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college sports, soccer, UFC, boxing, e-sports, golf, tennis||No||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Person 2 Person|
Timeline: South Carolina Sports Betting Movements
There are many states in the United States that you can point to and think to yourself, "sports betting will eventually" happen, and South Carolina borders on that line. There has been legislation filed to legalize it, but it never seems to go anywhere.
Below is a timeline of the sports betting movement in the state.
- April 2022: Every active sports betting bill dating back to 2018 still sits in a committee and has not received a second reading.
- February 2022: Rep. Todd Rutherford introduces HB3395 to legalize sports betting.
- February 2022: Gubernatorial candidate Joe Cunningham says mobile sports betting should be available in the state.
- January 12, 2021: SB98 and SB67 get a first reading; sits in a special committee.
- January 8, 2019: HB3409, SB57, and SB71 are read; sent to a committee.
Who Can Bet on Sports in South Carolina
Sports betting is not legal in any form in South Carolina. Players can still visit offshore sportsbooks to make wagers on their favorite teams. Here, you only need to be 18 years of age to play.
How to Bet on Sports in South Carolina
1. Create Account
After deciding which online sportsbook to play at, click on the registration button (usually in the upper right-hand corner) and complete the process.
2. Explore the Promotions Page
After creating your account, go to the Promotions page and see which ones you'd like to take advantage of—base your deposit on these promos.
3. Time to Deposit
With the promo knowledge you now have, go to the deposit page. You can typically find this in the upper right-hand corner of the home page after logging into your account. Once here, select the method you want to use and complete the process.
4. Make Your Bets
With money in your account, head back to the home page, pick the sport and contest you want to wager on, and complete your wager in the betslip.
Is Sports Betting Legal in South Carolina?
Sports betting is not legal in South Carolina.
When Will Betting be Legal in South Carolina?
Despite several sports betting bills being introduced, the legalization of sports betting just doesn't exactly progress anywhere. There is no clear indication of when sports betting will be legal in South Carolina.
Supporters and Opponents of the 2022 Ballot for Legal Sports Betting in South Carolina
In other states, there are more well-defined supporters and opponents. In South Carolina, the supporters are clear, but the opponents seem to be atop the political ladder in the state as sports betting legislation never moves forward. There is a general dislike of all types of gambling in the state.
The more outspoken have been Rep. Todd Rutherford and Joe Cunningham in terms of the supporters.
Cunningham has been the most vocal, quoted as saying the following things:
- “It is time to give South Carolinians the same freedom people in 30 other states enjoy and finally legalize sports betting."
- “This is about freedom and generating new revenue for our state to tackle our biggest challenges,”
- “All of our neighboring states have either legalized sports betting or they are taking steps to do so, and South Carolina once again finds itself at an economic disadvantage.”
- “The fact is sports betting is already happening in South Carolina; but it’s underground, unregulated, and brings in zero tax revenue for our state." “So we have two options: We can let the bookies run the entire industry and keep it underground with no tax revenue for our state, or we can bring it above board, regulate it, tax it, and fix problems with the money. This is a no-brainer.”
Rutherford, a long-time advocate, has also said, "You have major corporations, MGM, Caesars, that want sports betting to come (to South Carolina),” adding, “I think that’s going to drive the needle and move the needle towards more progression and more freedom."
Additionally, Rutherford has said that sports betting revenue can also be used “for highway, road, and bridge maintenance, construction, and repair."
Sen. Gerald Malloy and Rep. Kambrell Garvin are other political figures to represent these bills.
There haven't been many public comments regarding the reasoning behind the opposition to sports betting. However, there is a strong dislike for it when bills introduced in 2018 still sit in a committee after only one reading.
No sports betting bill has ever received a second reading.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in South Carolina
- HB3395: Introduced by Todd Rutherford, this bill would legalize sports betting.
- SB98: Sports betting legalization bill that remains in a special committee after reading in early 2021.
- SB67: Same as SB98.
- HB3409: Read in early 2019; this bill also remains in a special committee after one reading.
- SB57: Same result as HB3409 and SB71.
- SB71: Same result as HB3409 and SB57.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in South Carolina
Updated each year to reflect inflation and the cost of living, the most recent state income tax system in South Carolina has five brackets, each increasing by 1%, starting from the second bracket.
- Income of up to $3,070 is taxed at 0%
- Income of up to $6,150 is taxed at 3%
- Income of up to $9,230 is taxed at 4%
- Income of up to $12,310 is taxed at 5%
- Income of up to $15,400 is taxed at 6%
- Income of more than $15,400 is taxed at 7%
Payment Methods Available at South Carolina Betting Sites
Depositing money into your account and withdrawing your winnings is what online sports betting is all about. Below, we will cover three types of payment methods you will find in the offshore sportsbooks we recommend.
Crypto Betting Options
Crypto is a massive form of payment at offshore sportsbooks. On these sportsbook sites, you can also access promotions by using it.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
With eWallets, they are used in two ways. The first is by using the eWallet's balance, and the second is using your bank account via your eWallet.
Traditional Payment Methods at South Carolina Betting Sites
If crypto and eWallets are not for you, you can use plenty of other methods.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at South Carolina Betting Sites
At most offshore sportsbooks, deposit bonuses are the go-to welcome bonus. With sites like BetOnline, you will receive a 50% match up to $1,000. This type of offer does have wagering requirements associated with them—a part of the terms and conditions that you need to complete to withdraw the bonus you receive as cash.
At BetOnline, the requirement is 10x. So, if you deposit $100, you will receive $50. To withdraw the $50, you must bet $500.
Accessed through the promotions page by opting in or using the appropriate promo code on the deposit page; a reload bonus is a smaller deposit bonus.
Being able to bet and knowing you'll receive it back as site credit is comforting, and that's what a risk-free bet is. You will receive your bet back as a site credit or free bet if it loses.
No Deposit Bonus
Typically in the $10 to $25 range, this bonus comes from signing up for an account. The wagering requirements are usually just 1x.
Popular Sports to Bet on in South Carolina
South Carolina does not have any professional sports teams, but the college, the University of South Carolina, acts as a pseudo-professional team, especially when it comes to football.
Regardless, we will go over the most popular sports to bet on in South Carolina.
NFL Betting in South Carolina
Betting on the moneyline, spread, totals, props, and more, NFL betting can be done at any of our recommended offshore sportsbooks with confidence. This is the most wagered on the market, so sportsbooks cannot help but keep up with the market.
NBA Betting in South Carolina
The NBA comes with the same types of bets. However, BetOnline and BetUS are two of the top NBA and college basketball betting destinations. The odds are generally betting than the competition with these sites and are also available sooner.
MLB Betting in South Carolina
There are not many other main wagers on the MLB compared to the NBA and NFL, but Bovada is the go-to spot. Since 2011, Bovada has seemed to have the MLB niche ironed out, offering more than fine odds.
NHL Betting in South Carolina
MyBookie offers NHL betting in fantastic ways, including great odds on futures markets. The NHL has the same wagers as the NBA, MLB, and NFL.
NCAAB Betting in South Carolina
With Gary Payton as the brand ambassador, BetUS is a great source and BetOnline. The March Madness odds were fantastic during the 2022 tournament, too.
- South Carolina Gamecocks: Have appeared in the NCAA Tournament nine times.
NCAAF Betting in South Carolina
Like the NFL, college football is also a heavily wagered-on sport. The odds are fairly similar across the board, but you will also find odds available for the playoffs, national championship, and even NFL draft odds.
- South Carolina Gamecocks: Won their last bowl game at the end of 2021 against North Carolina 38-21.
Golf Betting in South Carolina
Golf has five common bet types: Outright winner, top-five, 10, 15, and 20 finishes. With such massive fields of potential betting options, even the favored golfers are around +1000. Bovada and BetOnline are great destinations for golf because you can usually find +100 advantages or more on these favored golfers.
Horse Racing Betting in South Carolina
Horse racing is not legal in South Carolina, and there are no tracks in the state. However, sites like BetUS, Bovada, and BetOnline have you covered, offering odds on numerous races worldwide.
The most common bet types are pari-mutuel, win, place, show, exacta, daily double, and picks 3-6.
DFS is Legal in South Carolina
Sites like DraftKings and FanDuel are available in South Carolina. You will create a lineup with these sites while staying under a salary cap. Once you have your lineup created, you can enter various contests to win real money.
Live Betting with South Carolina Sportsbooks
No matter which of the suggested offshore sportsbooks you decide to play at, they offer live betting. Beyond just offering it, there is a dedicated page and interface.
With this bet type, you can wager on contests as they progress. However, the odds will reflect what is actively happening in the game, so the best time to bet is during a timeout or commercial if you want more than a few seconds to decide.
How South Carolina Sports Betting Stacks Up to Bordering States
There are only two states that directly border South Carolina, and only one of those states offers some form of legal sports betting.
More on South Carolina Gambling
If you're interested in more ways to participate in gambling at offshore sites in South Carolina, explore the links below.
- Best online casinos in South Carolina
- Online gambling in South Carolina
- Horse racing in South Carolina
- Online poker in South Carolina
Best Online Betting Site in South Carolina
BetOnline offers numerous ways to gamble and includes a 50% deposit bonus of up to $1,000. While this is the offshore sportsbook we recommend, we encourage you to explore all of our recommendations to see which one suits you best.
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|