Until now, just two tribal casinos in the state’s west offered retail sports betting. However, bookies are bullish about the momentum surrounding North Carolina sports betting. Today’s guide will review the top 10 North Carolina betting sites and answer the question; is online sports betting legal in North Carolina? Read on to find out!
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|125% sign up bonus. Bet $1000 Get $1250 Free.||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|$1000 Welcome Bonus + Free NBA Live Streaming||Get Offer|
|35% free play up to $700 Bonus||Get Offer|
- 1 Recent North Carolina Sports Betting News
- 2 The Best North Carolina Sports Betting Sites 2022
- 3 Online Sports Betting North Carolina
- 3.1 1. BetOnline – Overall Best North Carolina Sports Betting Site in 2022
- 3.2 2. XBet – Best Odds for North Carolina Sports Betting Online
- 3.3 3. MyBookie – Top North Carolina Mobile Sports Betting Site
- 3.4 4. BetUS – Best North Carolina Sportsbook Betting Site for NBA Betting
- 3.5 5. Bovada – Best North Carolina Online Sports Betting Site for Live Streaming
- 3.6 6. BUSR – Friendly Customer Support for all North Carolina Sports Betting
- 3.7 7. Sportsbetting.ag – Top North Carolina Sportsbook with Live Betting
- 3.8 7. Everygame – Among the Most User-friendly North Carolina Sportsbooks
- 4 More on gambling in North Carolina...
- 5 North Carolina Sports Betting Online Compared
- 6 Who Can Bet on Sports in North Carolina?
- 7 How to Bet on Sports in North Carolina
- 8 Is Sports Betting Legal in North Carolina?
- 9 When Will Betting Be Legal in North Carolina?
- 10 The May 2022 Ballot to Legalize Sports Betting in North Carolina
- 11 Previous Sports Betting Bills in North Carolina
- 12 Tax on Sports Betting Wins in North Carolina
- 13 Payment Methods Available at North Carolina Betting Sites
- 14 Bonuses Available at North Carolina Sportsbooks
- 15 Popular Sports to Bet on in North Carolina & Betting Guides
- 15.1 Score a Touchdown With NFL Betting
- 15.2 Head to the Line and Bet on the NBA
- 15.3 Go Deep: MLB Betting
- 15.4 Spend Plenty of Overtime With NHL Betting
- 15.5 It’s Madness: NCAA Basketball Betting
- 15.6 The Kick Is Good With NCAA Football Betting
- 15.7 Quietly Clap After Each Golf Bet
- 15.8 And You’re Off!: Horse Race Betting in North Carolina
- 15.9 Yup, It’s Legal: DFS in North Carolina
- 16 Live Betting in North Carolina
- 17 Bets That Are Illegal in North Carolina
- 18 Comparing North Carolina to the Bordering States
- 19 Casinos With Sports Betting in North Carolina
- 20 More on North Carolina Gambling
- 21 The Best Online Betting Site for NC
- 22 FAQs
Recent North Carolina Sports Betting News
Since PASPA was overturned in 2018, North Carolina has been moving steadily toward the universal legalization of sports betting. Since 2019, two retail casinos offer sports betting,
Below is a timeline of events that led to where North Carolina online sports betting is now:
- June 10, 2022 – Even though there are just 20 days left until the end of the session, sources tell us there is positivity surrounding passing new legislation to regulate mobile sports betting in North Carolina.
- April 2022 – The bill is still waiting for two additional House committees to hear the bill.
- February 2022 – Governor Roy Cooper says that 2022 “could be” the year for mobile sports betting in North Carolina, stating, “I think it is about time for us to step up and do it” on the ACC Now Podcast.
- November 2021 – The House of Commerce Committee approved SB 688 with a 12-4 vote. However, there are more committees required for it to be passed.
- August 4, 2021: The NC Senate approved the bill with a 26-19 vote to legalize mobile gambling. It now moves to the House for consideration.
- July 1, 2021: The Catawba Two Kings Casino Resort opened to the public in a temporary facility. Although it’s not yet accepting bets, the casino is licensed to open North Carolina’s second physical sportsbook.
- April 7, 2021: State Senator Jim Perry filed SB 688, a bill that would legalize online sports betting in North Carolina. The bill proposed to create a limited number of licenses for online sportsbooks, which would not need to partner with an existing casino. The bill has not yet been voted on in the North Carolina Senate.
- March 22, 2021: Harrah’s Cherokee Valley River Casino opens The Book, North Carolina’s first sportsbook. The first bet was placed on a UNC vs. Wisconsin NCAA basketball game.
- July 26, 2019: North Carolina legalized sports betting at Harrah’s Cherokee Valley River Casino and a yet-to-be-built casino in the Catawba Indian Nation. Prior to this, no sports betting was legal in any form in North Carolina and the state only had one casino.
The Best North Carolina Sports Betting Sites 2022
To help you start with North Carolina sports betting today, we’ve put together a list of the 10 best sportsbooks in NC for 2022:
Looking for the best sports betting North Carolina has to offer? We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 North Carolina sportsbooks for 2022:
- BetOnline – Best mobile North Carolina sports betting site
- XBet – Best North Carolina state betting odds online
- MyBookie – Best North Carolina sports betting site for NBA
- BetUS – The Best North Carolina sports betting site
- Bovada – Best NC sportsbook for live streaming
- BUSR – Friendly customer support for all North Carolina sports betting
- Sportsbetting.ag – North Carolina Sports Betting Site with the most sports
- Everygame – One of the most user-friendly North Carolina sportsbooks
- Jazz Sports – Big selection for North Carolina mobile sports betting
- Betanysports – Good lines for North Carolina sports betting online
Online Sports Betting North Carolina
1. BetOnline – Overall Best North Carolina Sports Betting Site in 2022
BetOnline is one of the best North Carolina sports betting sites. The site has a huge range of sports to wager on but stands out for its NBA betting options. You can bet on upcoming and live NBA games, and on the NBA draft and NBA futures. So, BetOnline is a great choice for basketball fans who want to bet on the league.
BetOnline is also reputable for the quality of its website betting interface. The sportsbook is modern and seamless, with an interactive bet slip and easy-to-sort odds. BetOnline doesn’t have a mobile betting app, but the sportsbook does offer a mobile-friendly version of its website for betting on the go.
In addition, BetOnline accepts payment by credit card, debit card, and Bitcoin. Players get the chance to claim big wins with Betonline promo codes upon signing up. This Bitcoin sportsbook also rewards users for referring friends and offers a reload bonus worth up to $250. At the time of writing, BetOnline also offers a $50 bonus when you place your first mobile bet.
What we like:
- Supports NBA futures and draft betting
- Modern, user-friendly online sportsbook
- 50% deposit bonus up to $1,000
- Bonus available for betting from mobile
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t have a dedicated mobile app
2. XBet – Best Odds for North Carolina Sports Betting Online
XBet is one of our top sites for North Carolina sports betting when looking for the best betting odds. The site caters to people from all sporting backgrounds, giving you great odds on your favorite sports. Another thing to mention is that players are likely to find more unique bets here than elsewhere, and their racebook is second to none.
When jumping into this NC online betting site, be sure to take advantage of their casino too. They have a number of different slot games powered by Betsoft and live casino games. New players on XBet can win big with the wide variety of free registration XBet bonuses available.
The minimum odds for using this and betting is just 2:1 too, so it’s a great bonus to have in your back pocket. This bonus is actually independent of the casino one too, so anyone wanting to bet, but then also wanting to play some table games, or popular slots like Good Girl Bad Girl should claim a second welcome bonus.
What we like:
- Horse betting rebates offered
- Wide variety of slots
- Quick payouts
What we don’t:
- Bonus isn’t as lucrative as others
3. MyBookie – Top North Carolina Mobile Sports Betting Site
MyBookie is one of our favorite sites for online sports betting in North Carolina in 2022. This offshore sportsbook allows betting on professional sports leagues like the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. In addition, you can bet on UNC college sports, UFC and MMA matches, soccer, rugby, and more.
MyBookie offers an exciting deposit match welcome bonus, making it one of the most generous sportsbooks available to new players. On top of that, existing players can claim reload bonuses every time they make another deposit just by using the correct MyBookie promo code.
This North Carolina sportsbook offers tons of bettor-friendly features, like a simple bet slip that is always a click away. The site also offers live streaming of every game, with live in-game betting. MyBookie has dozens of prop bets for every match, so it is easy to keep things interesting if you want to bet on more than just a game’s outcome.
What we like:
- Bet on major US sports games
- Welcome bonus up to $1,000
- Live streaming for most matches
- Dozens of prop bets per game
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t offer betting on unpopular sports leagues
4. BetUS – Best North Carolina Sportsbook Betting Site for NBA Betting
BetUS is our top pick for sports betting in North Carolina on the go. That’s because this online sportsbook offers dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android along with a mobile-friendly online platform. The mobile apps are easy to use and put your bet slip just a click away. Plus, the apps enable you to place in-game bets, monitor live matches, and more.
BetUS has dozens of sports to bet on, including college sports, esports, and horse racing. You’ll find a wide range of prop bets for every match as well as in-game betting for live matches. In addition, you can bet on specials like the league MVP, division championships, and the Olympics.
BetUS has the best welcome bonus of any NC sports betting site we’ve reviewed. Registering with BetUS promo code and sign-up bonuses gives you the chance to claim big real money wins. The only catch is that there’s no reload bonus, so this cash is a one-time offer. The sportsbook accepts credit cards, debit cards, and several popular cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.
What we like:
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- User-friendly interface for betting on the go
- Bet on specials and futures
- Highly competitive odds
- Welcome bonus up to $1,250
What we don’t:
- No live streaming of sports
- Doesn’t offer reload bonuses
5. Bovada – Best North Carolina Online Sports Betting Site for Live Streaming
For bettors who want to watch games and place in-game live bets, Bovada is one of the best North Carolina sports betting sites. The offshore betting site lets you watch almost any game across any sports league in HD. At the same time, the site constantly updates odds for a range of in-game bets, so you can continue to wager as matches progress.
Another feature that makes Bovada stand out is that the platform has virtually every sport you could want to wager on. You’ll find all the major US sports leagues, college sports, esports, and the Olympics. You can also bet on less-watched sports like badminton, water polo, and skiing. The sportsbook also offers betting on horse racing in NC.
Bovada has a welcome bonus for North Carolina bettors who register using the correct Bovada promo code. To claim the bonus, you’ll need to make a deposit in Bitcoin. While this can be great news for crypto enthusiasts, it does make it a bit harder to get started with Bovada if you don’t already own a Bitcoin wallet.
What we like:
- Stream games in HD
- Bet on niche sports like skiing
- Offers off-track horse betting online
- Accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash payments
What we don’t:
- Limited welcome bonus for credit/debit payments
6. BUSR – Friendly Customer Support for all North Carolina Sports Betting
BUSR is one of the North Carolina sports betting sites where you can place bets on everything from NFL, college football, NBA, college basketball, MLB, NHL hockey, PGA, and tennis tournaments to boxing and mixed martial arts matches. Bettors can wager on sports online with as little as one dollar and over the phone, with a minimum of $25 and no maximum limit.
When it comes to sports betting, BUSR provides the most opportunities for bettors, such as props, spreads, moneyline, parlays, and totals with huge payouts. In addition, you can place bets on various live sporting events with the sportsbook. Parlay wagers on BUSR can payout up to $100,000 in total if the bet wins. There is also a $100,000 maximum daily earnings cap for your account.
One of the best draws to this sportsbook is its bonus offers. New and existing players at BUSR receive a staggering number of promotions and bonus offers. BUSR will give you a 100% match on your first $1,000 deposit. To call dibs on this welcome bonus, you must deposit at least $100. Players can also claim reload and referral bonuses at this NC sportsbook for real money.
What’s more, bettors won’t be disappointed with the hands-on customer support provided by BUSR, as well as secure and safe betting.
What we like:
- Wager on a wide variety of sports
- Accepts cryptos
- No min deposit
- Offers live dealer casino games
- All in one sportsbook, casino, and racebook
What we don’t:
- Low sportsbook limits
7. Sportsbetting.ag – Top North Carolina Sportsbook with Live Betting
If your goal is to get the best odds on your favourite soccer, NFL or NBA team, Sportsbetting.ag should be on your radar. It’s true, that online sports betting in NC have grown through the years with the help of diverse other offshore betting sites, it might be tough making a decision on the bookie to use.
Sportsbetting.ag is an online sports betting site licensed in Curacao and home to over 50 sports leagues from across the world. They are one of the offshore betting sites that offer the best odds and opportunity to wager on your favourite team using different betting styles.
For NC sports betting updates, this bookies offers the latest updates on live games in baseball, tennis, table tennis, and the soccer pro leagues from across the world. Whether you prefer spread betting, Moneylines, prop betting or complex parlays, you will find all the popular markets and more using this bookie.
Their generosity is shown by offering players more opportunities to bet on their favourite teams through bonuses. As a new user, you will get a 100% welcome bonus. They have a standby team of customer service agents working around the clock to respond to needed queries and offer guidance when requested. Sportsbetting.ag also supports the most common payment methods – cryptocurrencies, credit and debit cards, and eWallets.
What we like:
- Different sports markets are available
- Accepts cryptos and eWallets transfers
- Offers live dealer casino games and live betting
- All in one sportsbook, casino, and racebook
What we don’t:
- High wagering requirements
7. Everygame – Among the Most User-friendly North Carolina Sportsbooks
Reddit is inundated with sports fans hoping to learn more about sports betting in North Carolina, and we can understand why: Sports Betting in North Carolina in 2022 isn’t what it used to be. In recent years, offshore betting sites like Everygame have given residents in North Carolina the opportunity to wager on their favorite teams/games.
Everygame brings a truckload of experience that spans 20 years when serving users. As a 3-in-1 betting site, offering online casino, race betting, and sports betting to users.
The sportsbook offers users high-quality odds and lines with an opportunity to place wide-ranging wagers on the moneyline, spread, and Over/Under markets, as well as parlay betting and hedge betting. There are lots of prop betting options and futures available too.
The flexibility of the betting site is of great advantage to both high-end and low-end spenders. This sportsbook offers North Carolina betting fans a 100% signup bonus. You can bankroll your account on Everygame using crypto, credit cards, debit cards, or any permitted eWallets. Deposits are made with little or no charged fees.
What we like:
- In-depth market
- NC Sportsbook with great site aesthetics
- Excellent NHL coverage + European hockey leagues
- NC Sportsbook with great live support
What we don’t:
- High wagering requirements
More on gambling in North Carolina...
Learn about all types of online gambling in North Carolina in our expert guides below:
- North Carolina Real Money Online Casinos
- North Carolina Online Poker
- North Carolina Online Gambling
- North Carolina Betting Apps
- North Carolina Horse Racing
North Carolina Sports Betting Online Compared
Wondering which North Carolina sportsbooks are right for you? Let’s take a closer look at the best sports betting North Carolina has to offer.
|Bonus||Bonus Code||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|BetUS||50% sportsbook deposit match up to $1,250||SIGNUP100||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum|
|Bovada||75% Bitcoin deposit match up to $750||BTCSWB750||Yes||Credit card, debit card, MatchPay, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|MyBookie||50% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $500
|Yes||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum|
|xBet||50% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $250
|No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $250
|No||Credit card, debit card, Skrill, Neteller, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin|
Who Can Bet on Sports in North Carolina?
If you want to start online sports betting in North Carolina, check out the list below to see if you meet the requirements:
- Located in the state
- Are 18 years old and above
- Have determined that your payment option is available
How to Bet on Sports in North Carolina
Assuming you’re jumping into sports betting for the very first time, here is how you go about making your first bet on a sportsbook in North Carolina.
1. Find the Registration Button
The “Join” button is almost always located in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
2. Complete the Registration Process
After clicking the “Join” button, complete the registration process by filling in your credentials. Accurately fill in personal information such as your name, email address, address, and more.
3. Go to the Promotions Page
After creating an account, visit the promotions page to see what welcome bonuses are available for you. Hint: This is something you should figure out before creating an account, but if you forget, now is the time to do it.
4. Visit the Deposit Page
You’ve made an account and found the deposit bonus. You know you need to deposit money. If you’re not logged into your account, log in, and in the upper right-hand corner, there should be a link to the deposit page. Once you’re there, pick your desired deposit method and complete the process.
5. Find Your First Bet
After completing your deposit, visit the home page of the sportsbook. After you’ve found a game to bet on, pick the type of wager you want to pursue and a bet slip will appear. Hit confirm and wait for results.
Is Sports Betting Legal in North Carolina?
As of April 2022, sports betting is legal at two in-person tribal casinos; The Book at Harrah’s Cherokee Valley River Casino and Catawba Indian Nation’s Casino. However, North Carolina online sports betting is yet to be legalized.
When Will Betting Be Legal in North Carolina?
When it comes to the complete legalization of sports betting in North Carolina (mobile wagering), pundits are still optimistic about 2022.
Even if legalization happens, we may not see it in full effect until 2023, as the state will need to ratify rules and regulations for sportsbooks that wish to operate in the state.
The May 2022 Ballot to Legalize Sports Betting in North Carolina
With two committees left to go through, SB 688 will look to get through one of those two in May 2022. After this, there will be one more committee before it ultimately lands on the House floor.
Supporters and Opponents of the 2022 Ballot for Legal Sports Betting in North Carolina
While there is some opposition to the bill, the vote counts (26-19 in the Senate; 12-4 in the House Commerce Committee) illustrate that politicians on both sides of the aisle are in favor. However, there are still some that are against the legalization of gambling.
Let’s go over the supports and the opposition below.
Given that Governor Roy Cooper has publicly stated his support for the legalization of online gambling, there is apparent favor for it at the top of the food chain in North Carolina politics.
Looking at the Senate vote count, 17 of the “ayes” were Democrats, while nine were Republicans. Notably, however, the chair of the State Senate, Phil Berger, voted “aye.”
SB 688 needs to pass through two more committees for final approval.
Interestingly enough, there has not been a lot of public disdain for North Carolina sports betting. The only notable opposition came from Rep. Marcia Maury, a former Olympic swimmer. In an interview with the Charlotte Observer, Maury stated, “Money is the god of everything. “Let’s keep that out of sports.”
Beyond that, pieces published in The News & Observer also express a desire for sports betting not to be legalized in the state.
As part of their “NC Voices” series, where local leaders, readers, and experts provide commentary, Rev. Mark Creech, Executive Director of Christian Action League of NC, and John L. Rustin, President of NC Family Party Council, left notable remarks.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in North Carolina
- SB 154: Governor Roy Cooper signed SB 154 into law, allowing sports betting and horse racing wager on tribal land. This bill received a 43-7 vote in the Senate and a 90-27 vote in the House.
- SB 688: The NC Senate filed this bill to legalize mobile sports betting across the country. This bill has passed the Senate (26-19) vote and a key House committee (12-4) vote and is awaiting further approval from two more House committees.
Tax on Sports Betting Wins in North Carolina
Regardless of your income, North Carolina has had a flat state income tax rate of 5.25% since 2018.
Payment Methods Available at North Carolina Betting Sites
Whether you play at a sportsbook listed here or another one, make sure you have accessible payment methods for both deposits and withdrawals. Without that, there’s no way to play!
Here, we will go over all payment options, including crypto, eWallet, and traditional payment options.
Crypto Betting Options
Offshore sportsbooks in North Carolina provide numerous cryptocurrencies to perform transactions. There are also welcome bonuses and other exciting crypto player promotions.
Below is a list of some of the most popular options;
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
If you’re not familiar with what an eWallet is, just think of PayPal—that’s an eWallet.
You can link a bank account to them to perform transactions or carry a balance in your account.
Here are some of the common options you’ll find at offshore sportsbooks that offer eWallets:
Traditional Payment Methods at North Carolina Betting Sites
If you’re not into crypto or don’t use eWallets, no worries—there are several traditional options for you.
In the online sportsbook world, this refers to credit/debit cards. However, there is an off-chance that some other things may be offered, such as the following:
- Credit/debit cards
- ACH transfer
- Online banking
- Check my mail
- Wire transfer
Bonuses Available at North Carolina Sportsbooks
The bonuses are the best things about online sportsbooks outside of the odds, wager types, and sports offered. These provide site credits that allow more flexibility when playing and can result in more wins.
Below are some of the most popular bonus types you’ll find in sportsbooks.
Deposit bonuses are the most common welcome bonuses you will find. Anytime you make a deposit, you will receive a percentage match up to a certain dollar amount with this offer. The bonus you receive is non-withdrawable site credits and comes with wagering requirements for cash withdrawals.
For example, at BetOnline, you will have a $1,000 deposit match available to you at a 50% rate. To get the full $1,000, you will need to deposit $2,000. Next, to withdraw the $1,000, you need to complete the wagering requirements.
Reload bonuses are essentially smaller deposit bonuses. These carry somewhat similar percentage matches but far less monetary value.
This type of bonus can be used by all players, both new and existing. To access them, make sure your online sportsbook offers them. From here, you may need to opt-in and then make a deposit or they may require a promo code.
If a promo code is needed, use it on the deposit page, complete the deposit, and retrieve the reload. Like with deposit bonuses, these are likely to be subject to wagering requirements.
These can be welcome bonuses or existing player offers with a risk-free bet. These wagers allow for you to make a wager within specific parameters that, if you lose, you will receive back as site credit.
No Deposit Bonus
A no deposit bonus speaks for itself. You receive a bonus without a deposit. The amount you receive is typically between $10 and $25. These have wagering requirements, albeit small, but provide an instant boon to your new online sportsbook account.
Popular Sports to Bet on in North Carolina & Betting Guides
We all have preferences as to what sports we like to bet on. Maybe you want the short bursty season of the NFL, or perhaps you like to bet throughout the year in baseball. Either way, these sports can determine whether or not we’ll even visit an online sportsbook.
Below, are eight sports and DFS available in North Carolina.
Score a Touchdown With NFL Betting
The NFL is by far the biggest sport to wager on, no matter where you play. Online sportsbooks are always reasonably close to odds and lines, so there is no need to stress about odds shopping.
You will wager on moneyline, spreads, and totals with the NFL, but you can go further with props, futures, and more.
There is only one NFL team in North Carolina, the Carolina Panthers.
Head to the Line and Bet on the NBA
The NBA offers the same types of bets as the NFL. So, when you make your bet on the Charlotte Hornets, the state’s only NBA team, all betting methods will look similar.
For NBA Betting, BetUS, which has Gary Payton as their brand ambassador, always seems to be on top of NBA odds and lines, even releasing them before other books.
Go Deep: MLB Betting
While there are no MLB teams currently located in North Carolina, there have been calls for MLB to expand into Raleigh.
The MLB has the same types of bets that you’ll find in the NBA and NFL. In terms of where to bet, Bovada has consistently provided quality lines.
Spend Plenty of Overtime With NHL Betting
Without sounding like a broken record, the NHL has the same major bet types as the NBA, NFL, and MLB.
Hockey is a massive sport in NC and is home to the Carolina Hurricanes, who have been a competitive team for quite some time.
XBet does an excellent job of tracking live NHL games and the futures front.
It’s Madness: NCAA Basketball Betting
The North Carolina Tar Heels are undoubtedly one of the most popular college basketball programs of all time. Heck, this school was once home to the legendary Michael Jordan. And oh yeah, you cannot forget the Duke Blue Devils and Coach K.
When March Madness rolls around, that tournament gets the same kind of attention as the NFL does, so you really can’t go wrong no matter which sportsbook you choose.
The bet types are the same here as they are in the NBA, but there are plenty of futures to wager on involving the conferences and March Madness.
The Kick Is Good With NCAA Football Betting
While the Tar Heels have had a decent football program over the years, the Clemson Tigers get all the props, sporting some of the best NFL players currently on rosters today.
MyBookie has a strong track record of offering the best NCAA Football odds and futures wagers on championships and awards.
Here are some other notable schools:
- Duke Blue Devils – The school that had current New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones.
- Appalachian State Mountaineers – Have won 6 bowl games since joining the FBS.
- NC State Wolfpack – Legendary NFL quarterback Philip Rivers is an alumnus.
- East Carolina Pirates – Have had 63 players drafted to the NFL since 1951.
- Charlotte 49ers – The football program started in 2008.
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons – 9-6 all-time in bowl games.
Quietly Clap After Each Golf Bet
Golf is the first sport on this list where the bet types are totally different. Overall, with golf, you’ll be betting on the winner, of course, and top-five, top-10, and top-20 finishers.
BetOnline does a great job of offering larger fields of golfers and plenty of different competitions all year long.
And You’re Off!: Horse Race Betting in North Carolina
Without legal horse race wagering in the state, North Carolina doesn’t exactly host many notable races. There are some harness racing and charity races, but that is about it.
Back to BetOnline. If you want to bet on any horse race around the globe, BetOnline is the site for you.
In terms of bet types, horse racing has an entire infrastructure that is not like anything else mentioned here, including the following:
- Win: Picking the winning horse
- Place: Picking a horse to finish first or second
- Show: Picking a horse to finish first, second, or third
- Exacta: Picking the exact top two finishers
- Daily Double: Picking winning horses from two races
- Pick 3: Picking winning horses from three races
- Pick 4: Picking winning horses from four races
- Pick 5: Picking winning horses from five races
- Pick 6: Picking winning horses from six races
Yup, It’s Legal: DFS in North Carolina
Using pretty much any of the sports listed here, you can play daily fantasy sports legally in NC. With this game type, you will select a sport and build up a lineup of a pool of players. The catch, however, is that you must stay under the salary cap.
After this, you will earn points based on each player’s performance and can compete for millions in cash prizes at notable outlets like DraftKings or FanDuel sportsbook.
Live Betting in North Carolina
Live betting has taken the online sportsbook world by storm over the last few years. At online sportsbooks such as BetOnline, MyBookie, Bovada, and more, you’ll be able to track a game’s progress right on the online sportsbook’s site and make bets as the game progresses.
These online sportsbooks adjust the odds after almost every play and, if you’re fast, the chances of winning big are high.
Bets That Are Illegal in North Carolina
In North Carolina, online sports betting and horse racing are not legal yet. However, you can make any bet you wish using offshore sportsbooks and racebooks.
When the legislature legalizes online sports betting in NC, it will be intriguing to see if it bans wagering on colleges located in the state, which is a fairly common practice in other states.
Comparing North Carolina to the Bordering States
Bordering NC are two states, Virginia and Tennessee, that have legalized sports betting. In the South are South Carolina and Georgia, which have not legalized online sports betting.
However, like in North Carolina, you can wager on sports at any of our recommended offshore sportsbooks. Additionally, these sportsbooks are also available in Tennessee and Virginia, too.
Casinos With Sports Betting in North Carolina
Right now, in NC, there are currently three land-based casinos. These are all tribal casinos.
- Harrah’s Cherokee Valley River Casino
- Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort
- Catawba Two Kings Casino Resort
More on North Carolina Gambling
While sports betting is the main focus here, our team has information regarding plenty of other online gaming methods in North Carolina.
- Best online casinos in North Carolina
- Online gambling in North Carolina
- Horse racing in North Carolina
- Online poker in North Carolina
The Best Online Betting Site for NC
While our list ranks numerous offshore online sportsbooks, we have BetOnline at the best online betting site for a reason.
Equipped with an accessible welcome bonus, BetOnline offers other promos based on crypto and other things that keep you coming back for more. Beyond this, you can wager on just about anything at BetOnline, including horses, casinos, poker, and more.
BetOnline offers all new players a welcome bonus of a 50% deposit match up to $1,000. There is a 10x wagering requirement. Additionally, there are welcome bonuses for crypto users, casino players, reload bonuses, and many more rewards that add value to your playing experience.
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
Where can I place sports bets in North Carolina?
Can I bet on UNC basketball in North Carolina?
When is North Carolina going to have sports betting?
Is online horse race betting legal in North Carolina?
What types of betting are legal in North Carolina?