Georgia sports betting has been a hot topic for years now. Although it is not yet legal, there are still many options to pursue regarding wagering in The Peach State, which we will cover here.
Check out our top sports betting sites below.
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
- 1 The Best Georgia Sports Betting Sites List 2022
- 2 Best Sports Betting Sites in Georgia Reviewed
- 3 More on gambling in Georgia…
- 4 Georgia Sports Betting Sites Comparison
- 5 Timeline of Sports Betting Legislation in Georgia
- 6 Who Can Sports Bet From Georgia
- 7 How To Sports Bet From Georgia
- 8 Is Sports Betting Legal in Georgia?
- 9 When Will Betting Be Legal in Georgia?
- 10 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Georgia
- 11 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Georgia
- 12 Payment Methods available at Georgia Betting Sites
- 13 Bonuses Available at Georgia Sportsbooks
- 14 Popular Sports to Bet on in Georgia
- 14.1 Don’t Blow It: Bet on the NFL
- 14.2 Fly Straight Into NBA Winnings
- 14.3 Be Brave: Bet on MLB
- 14.4 No D(ice), But Still, Bet on the NHL
- 14.5 Shoot Your Shot With NCAA Basketball
- 14.6 Get A Dawg In The Fight: Bet on NCAA Football
- 14.7 Wager on Golf
- 14.8 Relax and Wager on Horse Racing
- 14.9 DFS Is Available
- 15 Live Betting with Georgia Sports Betting Sites
- 16 How Georgia Sports Betting Compares to its Neighbors
- 17 More on Georgia Gambling
- 18 Best Online Betting Site in Georgia
- 19 FAQs
The Best Georgia Sports Betting Sites List 2022
Our experts have compiled a list of the 10 best sites in 2022 for Georgia sports betting. These hand-picked sportsbooks help bettors find value bets and more in multiple sports, events, and markets.
- BetOnline – #1 Overall for Sports Betting in Georgia
- XBet – Best odds of any bookie
- MyBookie – Superb sportsbook for US sports coverage
- BetUS – Generous bookie promotions & bonuses
- Bovada – Top Georgia betting site for reward points
- Sportsbetting.ag – Standout selection of eSports markets
- BetUSR – One of the most established track records in the sportsbook Industry
- GTbets – High marks for the GameTimeRewards program
- BetNow – Chock-full of sports betting contests for cash prizes
- BetAnySports – Wide selection of sports betting in GA
Best Sports Betting Sites in Georgia Reviewed
1. BetOnline – #1 Overall Sportsbook in Georgia in 2022
Panama-based BetOnline is our first runner-up with a track record in online gambling that dates way back to 2001. Visitors from GA can select from sports betting, live betting, a racebook, casino, eSports, and live poker. Its sportsbook offers excellent coverage of major US sports leagues, such as the NCAA, MLB, NFL, NHL, and UFC. However, that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as you’ll find alternative betting markets on plenty more sports, financials, politics, and entertainment. Alternatively, why not get a piece of the eSports action on Counter-Strike, FIFA, or DOTA 2?
Visitors from Georgia will find a choice between competitive welcome bonuses. This includes a 50% match deposit of up to $1,000 in bonus money on the first deposit. Bonuses are not just a perk for new players, as you’ll find with a 25%-35% reload bonus.
BetOnline accommodates many safe, secure, and rapid USD payment options, including credit/debit cards for a top-notch Georgia online sports betting experience.
- Competitive welcome offer
- Teaser bets, odds boosters, game props & players props
- Great coverage of US sports
- High payout limits and no withdrawal fees for cryptocurrencies
- PayPal not accepted
2. XBet – Best Odds of any Sportsbook in Georgia
XBet is another top online operator that’s American-centric, offering betting markets on all the most popular US sports and highly competitive odds. That’s not to say that players from Georgia can’t also get in on the action in several high-profile international events, like soccer. The site has a friendly user interface, making it easy to navigate.
The casino offers a new player welcome bonus on the first deposit, consisting of a 50% match deposit of up to $500. It also offers additional perks like reload bonuses to regular players.
Funding an account at XBet in US dollars is pretty limited for players from Georgia. There are Person-to-Person or credit card options for USD. Alternatively, players can deposit Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Bitcoin Cash. Withdrawals in Bitcoin are free, which we recommend. Using an eCheck or bank wire will cost you in fees depending on the amount.
- User-friendly and intuitive design
- Coverage of all major US sports + many International sports
- Competitive odds in most markets
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Small choice of promotions
- Limited range of deposit methods
3. MyBookie – Superb Sportsbook for US Sports Coverage
We’ve crowned MyBookie our #1 sportsbook for Georgia in 2022. This online bookie has been around since 2014, allowing it to leverage years of experience. Georgia players can find great odds on race betting, sports betting, live betting, and casino games. Make fast, safe, and secure withdrawals/deposits in USD, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, or Bitcoin Cash. Plus, there’s the MyBookie Mobile Sportsbook optimized for Android and iOS devices.
MyBookie stands out for its coverage of many of the most popular sports with Peach State bettors: football (NFL/College Football), basketball (NBA/NCAA), baseball (MLB), motorsports (Formula 1/NASCAR), and more.
A new player registering an account at MyBookie can claim one of three optional welcome bonuses, including a 100% match deposit bonus for up to $1,000 in bonus money. On the other hand, regular bettors can take advantage of a reload bonus of 25% of up to $500.
Georgia sports betting online has never been better with a great loyalty program, birthday bonus, and referral bonus at MyBookie.
- Generous match deposit bonus
- Accepts payments in USD, BTC, LTC, ETH, and BCH.
- Crypto Rewards on credit card deposits
- Sportsbook free play bonuses on deposits
- Limited sports coverage
4. BetUS – Generous Bookie Promotions and Bonuses
Another one of our favorites for offshore sports betting is BetUS, established way back in 1994. Like the previous providers, this site covers all the most popular American sports, including NBA, NCAA, NFL, MLB, MMA, and boxing. International sports betting enthusiasts, and European soccer, in particular, will find the operator even more appealing. The range of esports, particularly standouts.
Additionally, the site is excellent for esports, horse racing, casino games, and poker markets. Odds boosters, player props, and game props can make things even more satisfying.
BetUS has one of the more competitive welcome offers of up to $3,000 in matched deposit bonus money. In addition, there are several promotions for regular players, including sports reload bonuses, which are better when using cryptocurrencies. Odds boosters and player & game props are other perks of playing at BetUS.
- Fabulous welcome offer of up to $3,000
- Broad sports market coverage and higher betting limits
- Several reload bonuses
- Not as many markets as other sportsbooks
5. Bovada – Top Georgia Betting Site for Reward Points
Established in December 2011, Bovada is one of the most recognized offshore online bookies in Georgia. It offers live dealer games, a sportsbook, a racebook, a casino, and live poker rooms. Access the safe & secure casino using an instant-play desktop or mobile/tablet browser for Android & iOS devices.
The sportsbook covers a wide selection of US-focused and international sports, events, and betting markets. A prop builder introduced in 2020 lets players profit from outcomes not necessarily tied to the final score.
The cryptocurrency operator accepts Bitcoin and US dollar deposits/withdrawals. New players from Georgia can choose from US dollar or Bitcoin welcome offers on the casino, sports, and poker rooms. Earn loyalty rewards that increase according to your level, redeemable for bets on the racebook, casino, sportsbook, or poker tournaments.
- USD & Bitcoin sportsbook welcome offer
- Comprehensive coverage of US & International sports and eSports
- Loyalty rewards redeemable for bonuses
- Prop builder tool
- Free cryptocurrency withdrawals
- Limited customer support options
More on gambling in Georgia…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Georgia in our expert guides below:
- Georgia Real Money Online Casinos
- Georgia Online Poker
- Georgia Online Gambling
- Georgia Betting Apps
- Georgia Horse Racing
Georgia Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Now that we’ve given you the rundown of the best online sports betting Georgia sites, we’ve summarized the highlights in the table next.
|Sportsbook||Bonus||Promo Code||Live Streaming||Available Markets||Payment Methods*|
|BetOnline||50% match deposit bonus of up to $1,000
25% reload bonus of up to $500
|No||Baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis, soccer, and more||credit/debit card, Person-2-Person, money order, Bitcoin, wire transfer, Ethereum, and Echeck
|XBet||Sportsbook: 50% match deposit of up to $500
25% reload bonus of up to $500
|No||Baseball, basketball, boxing, golf, tennis, football, soccer, hockey, race cars, horse, and more||Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Echeck, MoneyGram, credit/debit card, and wire transfer|
|MyBookie||100% match deposit bonus of up to $1,000
25% reload bonus of up to $500
|Yes||Basketball, football, baseball, boxing, golf, eSports, horse racing, soccer, and more||Bitcoin, Litecoin Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, credit/debit card. MoneyGram, and Person-to-Person|
|BetUS||100% match deposit of up to $3,000||None||No||Baseball, basketball, boxing, football, golf, hockey, horse racing, martial arts, soccer, tennis, eSports, and more||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Stellar, USD Coin, credit/debit card, Person-to-Person, money order, bank wire, and check|
|Bovada||Bitcoin/Litecoin/Bitcoin Cash/Bitcoin SV: 75% match deposit bonus of up to $750 on Sportsbook, Racebook, and Casino
Sportsbook: 50% match deposit bonus of up to $250
|Yes||Football, baseball, soccer, UFC/MMA, tennis, eSports, hockey, basketball, and more||MatchPay, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Litecoin, Voucher, Bitcoin Cash, Zelle, credit/debit card, and couriered check|
*Note: Some deposit methods are unavailable for withdrawals and vice versa.
Timeline of Sports Betting Legislation in Georgia
The future of sports betting in Georgia is looking bleak. As you’ll see from the timeline below, there is no significant movement anymore to launch sports betting in the state with zero commercial or tribal casinos.
- April 4, 2022 – SR 135 was stripped and replaced, while SB 142 never made it to the House floor. The 2022 Georgia Legislature ends without passing any gambling bills.
- March 28, 2022 – Rep. Ron Stephens amends two sports betting bills. One of the bills proposed a voter referendum to allow all types of gambling, whereas the other was for allowing the legalization of mobile/retail betting. Both of these bills were passed by the Senate in 2021 and approved by a House committee.
- March 18, 2022 – A horse betting bill, which voters could decide on, does not advance from the Senate.
- February 18, 2022: During the 2022 legislative session, a Senate committee in GA discussed several horse racing bills but has not considered sports betting.
- May 20, 2021: Atlanta will become a product development and IT hub for DFS and sportsbook giant FanDuel. Over the next five years, the project will invest $15 million into the GA economy and create 900 jobs.
- March 31, 2021: The two sports betting bills in the Georgia House failed to pass, so sports bettors there will have to wait until the next legislative session. Sports betting legislation has become a hot topic in GA, and the NAACP expressed its opposition to it.
- March 8, 2021: Both bills passed by the Senate are sent to the House for consideration. First, as a referendum question, SR 135 puts sports betting before voters. Then, in Georgia, SB142 legalizes sports betting. Then, each bill goes before the House of Representatives, which has stalled its bill about voting rights, HB86.
- February 10, 2021: Despite the passage of a sports betting bill in the Georgia House, senators in the Georgia Senate file SB142, their sports betting bill. There are a few key differences in the upper chamber’s bill compared to HB86. SB142 permits betting on collegiate events that do not involve Georgia colleges, while HB86 prohibits betting on any collegiate event.
- January 15, 2021: HB86, introduced by Rep. Ron Stephens (and five other legislators), raises the issue of sports betting in GA. Like last year’s attempt, the bill calls for a remote registration system and six licenses for sports betting online.
Who Can Sports Bet From Georgia
While Georgia has not legalized sports betting, those wishing to wager on sports have an option to do so with offshore sportsbooks.
To play here, all you need to do is create an account, be at least 18 years of age, and have the ability to deposit and withdraw money with their available options.
How To Sports Bet From Georgia
If you’re looking to learn how to bet in Georgia, below is a step-by-step guide on how to do so.
1. Register For An Account
On the home page, click on the registration button in the upper right-hand corner. From here, complete the registration process. You will need to provide some personal information.
2. Go To The Promotions Page
Once you’re done setting up your new account, go to the Promotions page to see what welcome bonuses and existing player offers are available.
3. Make Your First Deposit
Now that you know what offers are available to you, make a deposit into your account to start wagering on sports. To find this page, you will typically see a link in the upper right-hand corner of the page after creating an account. On this menu, there will be a list of available methods.
4. Start Wagering
With your account stocked with funds, find the sport and contest you wish to wager on. Then, decide on the type of bet you want to make. Once you make your selection, the betslip will appear. Simply insert the amount of money you wish to wager, confirm it, and wait for the results.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Georgia?
Sports betting is not currently legal in Georgia, and there are no bills up for a vote as of April 2022.
However, players can participate in sports betting by wagering at any of the offshore sportsbooks we recommend here.
When Will Betting Be Legal in Georgia?
Sadly, there is no real indication as to when. With no sports betting bills passing during the April legislative session, neither of the bills will be on the November 2022 ballot. Should those like Rep. Ron Stephens try to emulate the direction he took to get sports betting passed, it would not be up again for a vote until November 2024.
There is an option for lawmakers to move forward without a ballot, but the support for that is unclear.
We could be looking at 2025 to be when GA legalizes sports betting.
In the meantime, players can continue wagering on sports on our recommended offshore sports betting options.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Georgia
There has been plenty of chatter and talk of sports betting in GA ever since PASPA was overturned in 2018, but there were only ever two bills that made any noise in terms of legalization.
- SB 142 – Originally proposed in 2021, this bill received an amendment to legalize sports betting through the state lottery. This was one of the bills that did not pass during the April 2022 session.
- SR 135: Another 2021 bill that was amended, this bill now included a timber tax break. This was the other bill that did not pass.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Georgia
Georgia changed its tax system in 2009 but then updated its tax brackets and monetary amounts in 2018.
Regardless of income, no tax rate can go above 5.75%.
- Income of $0 is taxed at 1%
- Income of up to $750 is taxed at 2%
- Income of up to $2,250 is taxed at 3%
- Income of up to $3,750 is taxed at 4%
- Income of up to $5,250 is taxed at 5%
- Income of $7,000 or more is taxed at 5.75%
Payment Methods available at Georgia Betting Sites
When you venture over to an offshore sports betting site, you’ll want to know what the available payment methods are, as this will determine how you give money and get it back after you win.
Here are various options you will find.
Crypto Betting Options
With offshore sportsbooks, cryptocurrency is a highly recommended source of payment. There are numerous options available, including promotions centered around them.
Below is a shortlist of the more acceptable methods.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
E-Wallet Betting Options
Next up, you can also use an eWallet to fund your account. You can either fund your account with your eWallet balance or treat it as the middle-man between you and your bank account.
Traditional Payment Methods at Georgia Betting Sites
Don’t worry—if you’re someone who uses eWallets or crypto, there are still options available to you.
These include the following:
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at Georgia Sportsbooks
You will receive a percentage match up to a certain dollar amount with a deposit bonus. For example, BetOnline offers players a 50% match up to $1,000 with a 10x wagering requirement.
The maximum deposit you need to make to receive the total $1,000 is $2,000, but you can deposit any amount you want.
Next, the bonus funds will be non-withdrawable until you complete the wagering requirements. So, if you deposit $100, you will receive $50. From here, you will need to wager $500 at BetOnline to then access the $50 in bonus funds as cash.
Reload bonuses act like deposit bonuses, but any player can use these. You typically have a lower percentage rate and overall monetary amount than a typical deposit bonus with these offers.
You would then go to the Promotions page, click on the offer, opt-in, and deposit to receive your reload bonus.
Risk-free bets allow you to make a wager without running the risk of losing your money. Here, when you wager and lose, you will receive your money back as a site credit that you can then use to wager with again to win money.
In terms of wagering requirements, every online sportsbook is different, but it’s more often than not that you will not need to meet any wagering requirements.
No Deposit Bonus
If you can receive bonus funds or site credit just for creating an account, this is known as a no deposit bonus.
With this offer, you will receive anywhere from $1 to -$25 in site credit after creating an account. It may not be a lot of bonus credits, but it’s something to get your account off and running.
Popular Sports to Bet on in Georgia
There are numerous professional sports teams in Atlanta to wager on, including the Hawks, Falcons, Braves, etc.
Below, we will go over some of the top sports you can wager on at offshore sportsbooks available in Georgia and some of the ways you can bet.
Don’t Blow It: Bet on the NFL
The NFL is one of the most bet on sports, and for a good reason. Each Sunday during the season feels like its own holiday.
With the NFL, you can wager on the moneyline, spread, and totals, amongst other options.
In terms of the best NFL betting option, we really can’t recommend any particular sportsbook as this sport becomes the focal point of all online casinos when it comes around.
- Atlanta Falcons: Appeared in the Super Bowl in 2017 but blew a 28-3 lead over the New England Patriots.
Fly Straight Into NBA Winnings
The NBA is a lot like the NFL in terms of ways you can wager. With more than 80 games to bet on, there are ample opportunities to make money.
BetOnline always provides NBA odds quickly and has excellent promotions such as the deposit bonus to help with your NBA bets.
- Atlanta Hawks: Won their division in 2021.
Be Brave: Bet on MLB
Baseball has seen decreasing viewership, but this just means that there are more opportunities to win money over a season that has more than 160 regular-season games.
Like the NFL and NBA, the wagering options are the same, and BetOnline and Bovada always step up to the plate with MLB odds offerings and more.
- Atlanta Braves: Won the 2021 World Series
No D(ice), But Still, Bet on the NHL
There are no professional hockey teams in Georgia, but there are plenty of teams in neighboring states that you’re likely a fan of.
Once again, the betting options are similar to that of the NFL, NBA, and MLB, and MyBookie is always the first to skate out some premium NHL odds.
Shoot Your Shot With NCAA Basketball
There are plenty of colleges in Georgia, but none stick out as prominent college basketball schools. Still, though, betting on college basketball, especially March Madness, is one of the more fun sports to wager on.
March Madness is an emphasis everywhere, but during the regular season, you can’t go wrong with betting on the sport at BetUS.
Get A Dawg In The Fight: Bet on NCAA Football
Once again, there are numerous schools to wager in Georgia regarding college football, but none match that of the 2022 National Champion Georgia Bulldogs.
With bets similar to that of the NFL, BetUS and Bovada always have slightly more favorable odds than other books.
Wager on Golf
Whenever The Masters happens in April, this is another massive sports betting event. The tournament comes right after March Madness, so players are primed and ready to wager.
The betting selections include outright winners and top-five, top-10, and top-20 finishes with golf.
Relax and Wager on Horse Racing
Horse racing is one of the oldest forms of betting, and there is no exception for offshore Georgia sportsbooks such as BetOnline and BetUS, which have massive track offerings.
With horses, you wager in multiple ways, including the following:
- Daily Double
- Pick 3-6
DFS Is Available
Live Betting with Georgia Sports Betting Sites
At offshore sportsbooks in Georgia, you can wager on contests actively in progress. This is known as live betting. The odds will shift rapidly as the game progresses, so you’ll want to act quickly or during a commercial break/timeout in the game.
BetOnline has an excellent live betting interface, but all of our recommended offshore sportsbooks do a great job with this.
How Georgia Sports Betting Compares to its Neighbors
Of those states, Tennessee has legal sports betting but is mobile-only, whereas the other states do not have legal sports betting.
More on Georgia Gambling
If you’re interested in engaging in other forms of gambling at these offshore sites, there are plenty of other options in addition to sports betting to check out, such as the following:
- Best online casinos in Georgia
- Online gambling in Georgia
- Horse racing in Georgia
- Online poker in Georgia
Best Online Betting Site in Georgia
Although sports betting is not legal in Georgia and doesn’t appear to be headed there any time soon, in the meantime, BetOnline is the offshore sportsbook we recommend, amongst many others.
However, BetOnline separates itself with an accessible deposit bonus offer of 50% up to $1,000 and offers reload bonuses and various sports to bet on, including eSports.