Florida lottery players have won more than $73 billion in jackpots over the past three decades. That’s around 3,000 millionaires who landed the right numbers, making Florida one of the biggest lottery states in the nation. And now, it is easier than ever to take part in lotteries and enjoy similar games online.
With this guide, we cover everything that you need to know about the Florida lotto opportunities. We unveil the best sites, introduce you to new crypto lotteries, and even tell you some top tips for better results. Let’s dive into it!
|Free Daily Jackpot Entry||Get Offer|
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|250% bonus up to $1,000||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
- 1 Best Florida Lottery Sites
- 2 Quick Florida Lottery Info
- 3 Florida Lottery Draw Schedule
- 4 Where to Find Florida Lottery Results
- 5 Best Florida Online Lotteries Reviewed
- 5.1 1. LuckyBlock – Our Top Choice thanks to its Free to Enter Jackpots
- 5.2 2. BetOnline – Best Selection of Online Lottery Games in Florida
- 5.3 3. Wild Casino – $9,000 Welcome Bonus for Florida Lottery Games & More
- 5.4 4. BetUS – Renowned Brand for Online Gambling and Lotto in Florida
- 5.5 5. Bovada – Exclusive Rewards Program for FL Lottery Games and More
- 6 Florida Lottery Sites Compared
- 7 How to Claim a Florida Lottery Prize
- 8 Florida Lottery Rules
- 8.0.1 What’s the minimum age for buying Florida lotto tickets?
- 8.0.2 Do I need to be a Florida resident to play?
- 8.0.3 Can I claim a Florida lottery jackpot anonymously?
- 8.0.4 What taxes do I have to pay on Florida lottery winnings?
- 8.0.5 Can I buy tickets in advance for drawings?
- 8.0.6 How many days do I have to claim my lottery jackpot?
- 9 Lottery Games available in Florida
- 10 Tips for Playing & Betting on Lotteries in Florida
- 11 Payment Methods at Florida Lottery Sites
- 12 Florida Lottery App & Mobile Play
- 13 Biggest Florida Lottery Wins
- 14 How We Choose the Best Lotto Sites
- 15 Read our related pages…
- 16 The Overall Best Florida Lottery Site
- 17 FAQs
- 17.1 Can you bet on lotteries in Florida?
- 17.2 Which is the best lottery in Florida?
- 17.3 Does Florida have a state lottery?
- 17.4 Is Florida a Powerball state?
- 17.5 Does Florida allow Indian lottery?
- 17.6 How do I play Powerball in Florida?
- 17.7 Can you buy lottery tickets online from another state?
- 17.8 Can you buy lotto tickets with a debit card in Florida?
Best Florida Lottery Sites
Discover the top 5 Florida lotto sites below for a quick start. Each one is unique in its way, offering large jackpots, top casino games, big bonuses, and more.
- LuckyBlock – Our top choice for jackpot draws online
- BetOnline – Best selection of Florida lottery-type games online
- Wild Casino – $9,000 welcome bonus for lotto and specialty games
- BetUS – Popular Florida lottery site with extras for sports betting
- Bovada – Exclusive rewards program for lottery games and more
Quick Florida Lottery Info
Get quick answers to the most common questions regarding Florida lottery games right here:
Is the Lottery Legal in Florida?
Yes, lottery games are legal in Florida. Residents of the Sunshine State can take part in local lotteries and the big nationwide draws, like Mega Millions and Powerball. Players can also legally enjoy online lotteries like keno, bingo, and more, at offshore gaming sites.
What Land-Based Florida Lottery Games can you Play?
The Florida Lottery agency offers 10 terminal games and around 80 scratch-off games. Furthermore, land-based retailers offer tickets for popular draw games, like:
- Mega Millions
- Florida Lotto
- Jackpot Triple Play Florida
- Cash Pop Florida Lottery
- Fantasy 5 Florida
- Pick 5
Where can you Play the Lottery in Florida?
You can play the lottery at any of the 13,000 retail locations available statewide. The Florida Lottery Post is great for checking results. You can also check out the online games and lotteries at the best lotto sites in Florida. For example, LuckyBlock offers crypto Florida lottery draws with jackpots worth over $1 million.
Can you Buy Lottery Tickets Online in Florida?
Unfortunately, you can’t buy tickets online at the government-run organization, flaottery.com. The official Florida Lottery site presents details for the available games but doesn’t allow for online purchases. For online lottery games in Florida, we recommend checking out the top offshore sites listed above.
Other Florida Lottery Options to Play Online
Keno is the most popular pick for online lottery options in Florida. It is available in several formats and offers instant draws with potentially massive payouts. Online scratch cards are also big among Floridians. Other lottery games include casino bingo and even fish table games.
What are the Advantages of Playing Florida Lottery Online?
- Instant access to the best games
- No need to visit a land-based store
- Available 24 hours a day, any day
- Exclusive bonuses and promotions
- Safe and secure banking options
- Extra lottery games with jackpots
Florida Lottery Draw Schedule
With so many great Florida lotteries available every week, it is important to keep things organized. Check out the five biggest games in the state, along with the standard dates for the draws:
Ticket Sales Close:
Wednesday & Saturday
Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
Tuesday & Friday
|Jackpot Triple Play||
Tuesday & Friday
*The draw times are based on Eastern Time (ET).
Where to Find Florida Lottery Results
The best way to see the Florida lottery numbers is on the official site, with details on all major draws:
- Florida Lotto
- Powerball Florida
- Mega Millions Florida
- Jackpot Triple Play
- Cash Pop Florida
- FL Fantasy 5
- Florida Lottery Pick 5
- Florida Lottery Pick 4
Best Florida Online Lotteries Reviewed
We’ll go through the top 5 sites for playing the lottery in Florida, as well as other thrilling games. The following reviews focus on each platform’s main pros and cons to help you make the right choice.
1. LuckyBlock – Our Top Choice thanks to its Free to Enter Jackpots
The new crypto games platform LuckyBlock offers innovative jackpot prize draws. While it doesn’t have traditional lottery games, Florida residents can still win millions from these events. The current main draw pool is already worth more than $2.3 million and there is also an NFT giveaway draw with a $1 million jackpot.
One unique feature is the Free to Enter Jackpot, which is not available at a standard Florida lotto. Lucky Block customers who are holding the exclusive LBlock token can enter the main draw for free. Additional tickets cost only $5 for players who want to further improve their chances of winning.
The prizes are awarded instantly and users can choose to withdraw the funds right away, no strings attached. The platform uses Smart Chain, a well-established Binance blockchain to ensure fast transactions and payouts. It also provides a fair outcome for the draws using a random number generator.
What we like:
- Free entries to daily draws with LBlock
- Safe and secure crypto platform online
- Payouts are instant and don’t have fees
- LuckyBlock apps for iOS and Android
- Exclusive lottery draws with big prizes
What we don’t:
- Doesn’t have other lottery-type games
2. BetOnline – Best Selection of Online Lottery Games in Florida
BetOnline offers a solid library of over 350 casino games. While most of these are slots, there are also quite a few specialties. These include five versions of keno, some of which have progressive jackpots of up to $100,000. The specialty category also shows 15 online scratch-off games with prizes of up to $300,000.
New players can claim three casino welcome bonuses of 100% up to $1,000 by using the code INSIDERS. Entering BetOnline promo codes adds more rewards through reload bonuses and a crypto boost on eligible deposits.
For payments, BetOnline accepts more than a dozen popular cryptocurrencies. Users can also deposit using debit and credit cards from MasterCard and Visa, Person to Person, wire transfers, and Money Order.
What we like:
- Great range of lottery specialty games
- Multiple casino promotions every week
- Loads of online slots and table games
- Accepts BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, USDT
- Easy to use on smartphones and tablets
What we don’t:
- Not the biggest casino welcome bonus
- Doesn’t host large lottery draws
3. Wild Casino – $9,000 Welcome Bonus for Florida Lottery Games & More
Although Wild Casino doesn’t sell tickets for the big lotto Florida draws, it does offer some great casino game alternatives. The complete library has over 350 options right now and more are added every month. Among the many slots, we also found progressive keno games and themed scratch cards.
To welcome new players to the platform, Wild Casino has two bonus packages, depending on the deposit methods used. The first goes up to $5,000 and starts with a 250% bonus of up to $1,000 when using the code INSIDERS.
If you are using Bitcoin or other cryptos, it’s also possible to claim up to $9,000 in bonuses with the top Wild Casino promo codes.
The platform is available in instant play and comes with a mobile version for iPhone and Android devices. Players can connect from the browser and bet at any time. Unfortunately, Wild Casino games don’t have a practice mode to play for free. Bets start from $0.50 in some specialty games and payouts can exceed 100,000x.
What we like
- Large bonus up to 300% on the first deposit
- Several keno games, including progressives
- Weekly bonuses & promos for extra rewards
- Fast casino withdrawals done within 2 days
- Professional customer support for help 24/7
What we don’t
- $1,000 min deposit limit for wire transfers
- No tickets for the big Florida lotteries
4. BetUS – Renowned Brand for Online Gambling and Lotto in Florida
BetUS is mostly known in Florida for its online sports betting platform. However, residents of the Sunshine State will also find a massive online casino on the site. Here, you can enjoy keno in different formats, scratch cards, and lots of other games. All of the betting options on the site are available from the same account.
There are several BetUS promo codes to consider after signing up. A popular pick is the 150% casino bonus of up to $3,000 on the first deposit. Some bonus offers combine deals for the sportsbook and the casino on the same deposit. Keep in mind that there is also a 20% cash bonus with a low wagering requirement of just 6x.
The online cashier, while secure, doesn’t have as many payment options as we’ve seen on other Florida lottery sites. You can deposit by Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, credit cards, and with cash. If needed, the support team is always ready to help out by live chat, phone, and email.
What we like
- Good variety of online casino promotions
- Play for Fun mode available for all games
- Keno bets start from just $0.10 per round
- Withdrawals approved in just one day
What we don’t
- Limited offering of specialty games
- No loyalty points for casino betting
5. Bovada – Exclusive Rewards Program for FL Lottery Games and More
Bovada doesn’t have the biggest library of casino games but does maintain a great level of variety, serving up slots from top developers, as well as some unique specialty games. Florida lotto fans can check out the online bingo games with different themes and payouts. For example, Bingo Ribeirinhos can award $5,000 prizes.
An important advantage to playing at Bovada Casino is that bets generate comp points. For every $1 on specialty games earns 15 points. You can then turn your accumulated points into bonus funds. This is on top of the $3,000 casino welcome bonus and the other Bovada promo codes available for active players.
The banking system focuses on the most popular payment methods in Florida. These include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. For withdrawing the winnings, you can use the same crypto wallets or request a check by courier. It generally takes just 24 hours to get approval.
What we like
- Exciting keno and bingo games online
- Boosted bonuses of $3,750 for Bitcoin
- Lifetime status in the Rewards Program
- Mobile-friendly online casino website
What we don’t
- Could benefit from more lottery games
- Not as many promotions as other sites
Florida Lottery Sites Compared
Depending on the site you choose, you can enjoy different Florida lottery games for real money. The welcome bonus also differs, so that can be a decisive factor as well. This quick comparison table highlights the main aspects of the top 5 sites:
Bet on Lottery?
Jackpot Prize Draw, NFT Prize Draw
100% deposit match up to $1,000
Bet on Lottery, Keno, Scratchcards, Bingo
250% deposit match up to $1,000
150% deposit match up to $3,000
Keno, Scratchcards, Bingo
100% deposit match up to $1,000
Bet on Lottery, Numbers Game, Keno, Scratchcards
How to Claim a Florida Lottery Prize
After you win a Florida lottery jackpot of $600 or more, you can claim the prize in person at any of the lottery district offices or at the Lottery Headquarters. Fill out the winner claim form and make sure that you have a valid ID. You can also claim by mail and send the required documents to a lottery office. This can take 30-45 days to process.
If the prize is less than $600, you can just claim it instantly at any lottery retailer. This is also the case for Florida lottery scratch offs with small prizes.
For winnings from online lottery games in Florida, you receive the funds instantly in the casino balance. You can then withdraw once you provide the required identification documents. Top offshore casinos normally process withdrawals in 1-2 business days and support payouts to crypto wallets, by bank wire, and via checks.
Florida Lottery Rules
Lottery rules and regulations can vary from state to state. In Florida, lotto players benefit from fairly reasonable laws that make it easy to take part in lottery draws and claim prizes. Learn more about the key rules here:
What’s the minimum age for buying Florida lotto tickets?
You need to be at least 18 years old to play in any lottery in Florida.
Do I need to be a Florida resident to play?
No, the lotteries in the state are open to all citizens of the US. You can buy Florida lottery Powerball tickets even if you are only visiting the state.
Can I claim a Florida lottery jackpot anonymously?
Yes, you can remain anonymous when winning a jackpot of over $250,000, but only for 90 days. After this period, the identity of the winner becomes public.
What taxes do I have to pay on Florida lottery winnings?
Prizes of $5,000 or more from the Florida lottery come with a 24% federal withholding tax.
Can I buy tickets in advance for drawings?
Yes, you can purchase Florida lottery tickets for future drawings. Select the Advance Play option at a retailer and take your pick from the games.
How many days do I have to claim my lottery jackpot?
For the big lottery games in Florida, you have 180 days to claim the jackpot if it requires multiple payments. Single-payment prizes must be claimed within 60 days of the draw. This also goes for Florida lottery scratch offs.
Lottery Games available in Florida
Residents of the Sunshine State have access to quite a few large lotteries. You can check out frequent games with daily draws or go for the really big jackpots in Powerball and Mega Millions. It all comes down to what you like playing and you can find the most popular picks below.
Crypto Lottery Games
Lotteries with crypto jackpots are becoming more and more popular. They come with some important advantages, like easy access online and complete anonymity for winners.
LuckyBlock is a great example with its secure crypto games platform. Users can earn entries for free or buy them using the exclusive cryptocurrency LBlock. Lottery jackpots can exceed $2 million and the prize distribution also includes rewards for many of the participants. It is a crypto lottery where everybody is a winner.
Florida Specific Lottery Games
There are multiple big lottery games exclusively available in Florida that are worth checking out. The smaller player pool and the big jackpots can make these picks more profitable than the really big nationwide games. The most popular ones are:
- Florida-Lotto: The Florida-exclusive lottery with tickets for just $2 and jackpots that start at $1 million. Prizes roll until someone wins the main jackpot. Every ticket includes a random multiplier that increases non-jackpot wins.
- Florida-Jackpot Triple Play: This top lottery game in Florida is played with three sets of numbers for a $1 ticket. Jackpots start at $250,000 and can go up to $2 million. After that, the other prizes improve every week.
- Florida-Fantasy 5: The Florida Lottery Fantasy 5 uses a fixed jackpot of $200,000 that rolls down. If there isn’t a 5/5 winner, the prize goes to the next level at 4/5. Drawings take place every day here.
As one of the largest lotteries in the USA, Powerball has a lot of players in Florida. The main attraction is the jackpot that can reach nosebleed stakes. In fact, Powerball set a world record jackpot of $1.586 billion back in 2016. One of the three winners was from Florida.
Although Floridians can’t buy Powerball lottery tickets online, there are some great alternatives at the top casinos. For a progressive jackpot, we recommend Keno Vegas at Wild Casino. The prize can easily exceed $80,000.
The Florida Lottery Mega Millions is another player favorite with jackpots that can exceed $1 billion. Tickets cost just $2 and the jackpot starts at $20 million. The amount rolls if nobody wins it from a draw. Players must match all five balls from the white pool and the Mega Ball to win it all.
The best alternative to Mega Millions at online casinos in Florida is Bingo Ribeirinhos, available at Bovada. It has a $5,000 jackpot that is a lot easier to win. Plus, you can play a round whenever you want to and not have to wait for biweekly draws.
Tips for Playing & Betting on Lotteries in Florida
Lottery draws are always random and there is no sure way to win a prize. With that being said, there are some ways in which you can improve your Florida lotto odds. These general lottery tips can prove to be useful in the long run:
1. Buy More Tickets
While obvious, it is worth noting that purchasing more tickets means more chances to win. Make sure to practice responsible gambling however and don’t bet too much.
2. Play Less Popular Lotteries
Try out the Florida lottery games that aren’t available in many other states. You can also go for small games, like the Florida Lottery Cash 3, which is relatively easy to hit.
3. Wait for Massive Jackpots
If you want to play the really big lotteries, wait a few weeks for the jackpots to roll over. The odds of winning remain the same, but the top prize can change significantly.
4. Choose Unpopular Numbers
Since most players will pick numbers based on their birthdays, we recommend choosing some that are higher than 31. If you win, you will not have to share the jackpot with as many players.
5. Play Lotteries Online
Accessibility can be an issue when it comes to some lotteries. With online lotteries, you can save time and even benefit from some exclusive rewards, like Florida lottery second chance draws.
Payment Methods at Florida Lottery Sites
The available payment methods for lotto Florida online can depend on the site. However, you usually have a good range of options at any of the top brands.
Crypto deposits have become very popular in recent years. They provide a higher level of security and convenience. Bitcoin remains the most popular cryptocurrency online and it is available at all of the featured Florida lottery sites. Some operators accept many other cryptos as well.
LuckyBlock is a great example where users can choose from a very long list of cryptocurrencies. The platform is on the Binance platform so it accepts most popular cryptos. Plus, LuckyBlock even has its own currency (LBlock) for jackpots.
There are quite a few eWallets to choose from nowadays. Top options include PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Skrill, EcoPayz, and Neteller. Players who already have eWallet accounts can quickly and easily make transfers. However, the process can be a bit more difficult for new users since it requires setting everything up.
The general fees here are low but can depend on the size of the transaction. Online wallets are known for facilitating fast payouts. Unfortunately, offshore Florida casinos don’t usually accept deposits by eWallets.
Regular Payment Options
Here, we include credit and debit cards, bank transfers, and even cashier’s checks. These are some of the standard payment methods for online lotteries and are widely accepted.
The limits can depend on the preferred option, but card deposits usually start from around $25. Visa and MasterCard are often the go-to payment methods, with American Express and Discover following them.
Other Payment Options
Some of the other payment methods for Florida lotto online are:
- Person to Person
- Interac Online
- Gift Cards
Florida Lottery App & Mobile Play
Another advantage to online lotto play is that you can also access the games from your phone. The best sites are optimized for mobile devices and ensure a smooth gaming experience. As a result, you can play lottery games in Florida at any time and from any location.
Mobile casino sites often have similar layouts to the desktop versions, with some added buttons for navigation. This means that you can sign in with the same account and even make payments from your phone.
Downloadable mobile apps for major Florida lotteries are also available. For example, LuckyBlock has native apps for Android and iPhone devices. You can buy tokens and lottery entries while on the go.
Biggest Florida Lottery Wins
Florida is one of the highest-ranking states when it comes to major lottery winners. It has around 3,000 millionaires from lottery games and some entries are truly amazing. Here are the biggest lottery jackpots won by Florida residents as of May 2022:
- $1.59 billion Mega Millions Jackpot in January 2016 (split three ways)
- $590.5 million Powerball Jackpot in May 2013
- $450 million Mega Millions Jackpot in January 2018
- $414 million Mega Millions Jackpot in March 2014 (split two ways)
- $396.9 million Powerball Jackpot in March 2020
- $291.4 million Powerball Jackpot in March 2016
- $285.6 million Powerball Jackpot in June 2021
- $235.4 million Powerball Jackpot in April 2021
- $168.5 million Powerball Jackpot in August, 2020
- $148.8 million Powerball Jackpot in April 2014
- $81.6 million Florida Lotto Jackpot in March, 2000
How We Choose the Best Lotto Sites
The reviewing process for the best Florida lottery sites is carried out by our team of experts. For each review, we cover multiple categories and rank the sites based on their performances. These are the main aspects that go into a top gaming site in the Sunshine State:
Range of Real Money Lottery Games at Florida Lotto Casinos
The range of games is always an important part of a review. Here, we check the available lotteries that players can take part in online. If the site sells tickets or if it only shows the results. The variety of lottery draws and the frequency is also important.
Furthermore, we also check the range of lottery-type games in Florida. Options like bingo, keno, and scratch cards are great alternatives that players can enjoy at any time.
Bonus Offers & Promotions
Florida lotto bonuses and promotions can help players win more. Most of the leading sites offer welcome bonuses to new players who register and deposit funds. We check the bonus details, including the wagering requirements and the eligible games.
The ongoing promotions are important for frequent players. They can offer Florida lottery second chance draws, reload bonuses, cashback, extra lottery tickets, and various other rewards.
Payout Methods, Transaction Speed & Fees
The payout methods are key. We want players to easily withdraw their winnings through convenient options. Popular picks usually include crypto wallets, bank transfers, and checks. Additional eWallets and other methods are appreciated as well.
We also check the transaction speed and the processing fees. You shouldn’t have to wait more than a few days to receive the winnings. Also, top operators often have free withdrawals, but small fees for some methods are acceptable.
Availability for Florida Players
Of course, the games and the bonuses don’t matter if the site isn’t available in Florida. That is why we make sure that players can access the sites and bet real money before providing the final verdict. We also check any exclusive or special promos for the state.
The good news is that crypto lottery sites, like LuckyBlock, and offshore casino sites, such as Wild Casino and BetOnline, are available throughout the nation.
Safety & Security
Another category that we always focus on during our Florida lottery reviews is online safety and security. We only recommend gaming operators that have been in the business for a long time and have proven to be reliable.
We also check the license, the digital encryption on the site, how they handle payouts, and more.
Learn more about the different types of gaming options available online and where to best enjoy them:
- Online lotteries – A complete guide to lottery games and how to play.
- Keno online – A rundown of the popular casino game with massive payouts.
- Bingo online – Full presentation of online bingo games and the best sites.
- Online casino games – Best overview of the most popular casino games online.
The Overall Best Florida Lottery Site
LuckyBlock is the best lottery site for US players living in Florida, with massive jackpots of over $2 million and other exciting game draws. It even has free-to-enter jackpots where you just have to hold LBlock tokens for the chance to win.
The new Lucky Block crypto games platform makes the lottery available throughout the United States. You can join and connect your crypto wallet within a few easy steps to take part in the action. Plus, the main lottery comes with an innovative feature where 10% of the prize goes to token holders as free rewards. As a result, more players win.
|Free Daily Jackpot Entry||Get Offer|