Maryland online sports betting is on the brink of being formally launched after sports wagering was signed into law. Horse racing and daily fantasy sports are widely recognized, but where are the best Maryland sports betting sites to play at?
Our comprehensive guide will have all the answers, as we will reveal our top 5 favorite sportsbooks in 2022. We will also provide a series of mini-reviews for each book, and, later answer some all-important FAQs.
- 1 Best Sportsbook in MD Ranked
- 2 Timeline: Legal Sports Betting Movements in Maryland
- 3 Best Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites List 2022
- 4 Best Maryland Sportsbooks Reviewed
- 4.1 1. BetOnline – Overall Best Maryland Sports Betting Site for 2022
- 4.2 2. BetUS – Excellent Maryland Sportsbook with Big Promotions
- 4.3 3. MyBookie – Best Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Site
- 4.4 4. Sportsbetting.ag – Superb Options for Sports Bettors in Maryland
- 4.5 5. XBet – New Maryland Online Sports Betting Site
- 5 More on gambling in Maryland…
- 6 Maryland Sportsbook Betting Sites Comparison
- 7 Who can Bet on Sports in MD
- 8 How to Bet on Sports in Maryland
- 9 Is Sports Betting Legal in Maryland
- 10 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Maryland
- 11 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Maryland
- 12 Payment Methods available in Maryland
- 13 Bonuses Available at Maryland Betting Sites
- 14 Popular Sports to Bet on in Maryland
- 15 Live Betting with MD Sports Betting Sites
- 16 Bets that are Illegal in Maryland
- 17 How Maryland Stacks Up to the Nearby States
- 18 Casinos with Sports Betting in Maryland
- 19 More on Maryland Gambling
- 20 Best Online Sportsbook in Maryland
- 21 FAQs
Best Sportsbook in MD Ranked
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|150% deposit match up to $750||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|Claim a $5,555 Welcome Bonus package||Get Offer|
|$1000 Welcome Bonus + Free NBA Live Streaming||Get Offer|
|35% free play up to $700 Bonus||Get Offer|
Timeline: Legal Sports Betting Movements in Maryland
After opening its first retail sportsbook in 2021, here’s a timeline that includes what has happened since then.
- April 2022 – There is no update on how the disparity study is going, and Maryland bettors still await legal mobile wagering.
- March 17, 2022 – The disparity study is officially underway.
- February 24, 2022 – Bingo World receives a license to open a retail sportsbook, and Rush Street Interactive will be the one to operate it.
- February 16, 2022 – With the deadline for the survey just two days away, the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission met to hear updates on the disparity analysis and on the survey given in January. The Committee took no further actions, and a mobile sports betting date was still unclear.
- January 19, 2022 – Due to the ongoing disparity study, there is no clear timeline for when mobile sports betting will be legalized. On the same day, the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission posted a survey meant for industry stakeholders and a forum to provide feedback on how to evolve the market.
- December 2021 – Because of the pending disparity study, there is no set date for launching mobile sports betting in Maryland until 2022
- June 2021 – PointsBet Sportsbook secures access to the Maryland sports betting market.
- May 2021 – After sports betting becomes legal in MD, NFL outfit the Baltimore Ravens become BetMGM’s official gaming partner.
- April 2021 – Tweaks are made to HB940, but it still passes unanimously in the upper chamber.
- March 2021 – The bill (HB940) passes the Maryland House by a landslide vote of 130-9.
- February 2021 – A bill to ensure legal sports betting in Maryland receives its first reading in the House Ways and Means Committee.
- November 2020 – Voters approve sports wagering in Maryland after a referendum passes by a 2 to 1 margin.
Best Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites List 2022
Significant steps are being taken to officially legalize sports betting in Maryland. In the meantime, there is a great alternative in the form of offshore sportsbooks. So, let’s check out the 5 sites that made the cut in our list below:
- BetOnline – Overall best Maryland sports betting site for 2022
- BetUS – Excellent sportsbook for big promotions
- MyBookie – Best sports betting site in Maryland for mobile wagers
- XBet – New Maryland sports betting site
- Sportsbetting.ag – Superb options for sports bettors in Maryland
- BUSR – Best bonus options for sports bettors
- Everygame – Unmatched professionalism in the sports betting market
- Jazz – Top Maryland sportsbooks
- Betanysports – The best sportsbooks with varying options
- GT Bets – Top-notch MD sportsbooks for futures betting
Best Maryland Sportsbooks Reviewed
Now that you know what our top 10 recommendations for Maryland online sports betting sites are, let’s dissect them in further detail:
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Maryland Sports Betting Site for 2022
When in comes to sports betting in Maryland, you want to ensure that you can bet in confidence at a safe and secure site and BetOnline certainly delivers on that. It is one of the most reputable sportsbooks in the industry. You can wager across various sports, from all major mainstream sports as well as a good selection of esports such as League of Legends, Call of Duty, and CS:GO – all with great odds!
BetOnline has recently had a complete overhaul and now has an attractive and user-friendly interface, creating an exciting sports betting experience. You can also take advantage of their $1,000 welcome bonus for all new users using the BetOnline promo code! There is also an array of other great promos on offer including crypto, casino, and poker bonuses, as well as various reload offers – so you get rewarded each time you bet!
What we like:
- Big welcome bonus
- Lots of sports markets and great odds
- Fantastic user experience
- Secure and safe sportsbook
What we don’t:
- More limited prop bets options compared to others
2. BetUS – Excellent Maryland Sportsbook with Big Promotions
BetUS is one of the biggest and most established sportsbooks in the industry and boasts over 1 million users. The sports betting site covers all major US professional and college sports, plus many others such as rugby, soccer, horse racing, golf as well as Esports. We also like that they have a 24/7 customer support service with an accessible live chat function.
BetUS comes out on top when it comes to the biggest bonus offerings. This Maryland sportsbook has an enormous deal for new users worth an immense £3,125! You can claim it using the BetUS promo code JOIN125. This welcome promo includes a combined 100% sportsbook bonus and a 25% casino bonus, so you can enjoy placing your bets across their various sports markets and casino games. They also have mammoth reload, crypto, and referral bonuses on offer, these are coupled with speedy payouts!
What we like:
- Biggest promotions on offer
- Well established sportsbook
- Quick payouts
What we don’t:
- More limited payment options
3. MyBookie – Best Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Site
MyBookie is another site popular for sports betting in MD. This sportsbook has an innovative and impressive mobile betting app platform and is one of the best betting apps in the industry.
MyBookie covers a multitude of sports markets and features a useful ‘Top Bets’ section, giving bettors helpful tips and insights on what to place your wager on. A huge range of sports markets is available, from baseball, basketball NFL, MLB, MMA, golf, motorsports, and cycling.
This top MD ²online sports betting site also offers a sizeable welcome offer – 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,000! It’s also worth noting that there is a generous Bitcoin promotion with a bonus of up to $1,000 if you deposit using the cryptocurrency.
What we like:
- Great betting mobile app user experience
- Many sportsbook promotions
- Top bets feature
- Cryptocurrency payments accepted
What we don’t:
- Low coverage of Esports
4. Sportsbetting.ag – Superb Options for Sports Bettors in Maryland
Sportsbetting.ag is one of our favorite MD sports betting sites that offers superb options for bettors. Players can wager on a host of NBA futures and popular college sports futures. We also really like the functionality of their prop builder. With endless props and wager options to make your bets exciting, you can add to your virtual betting slip with confidence and ease.
Live lines are available for all major sports events, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, Rugby, Tennis, and many more, and – as with sister site, BetOnline – the live betting interface is modern, updates rapidly, and the odds are among the best you’ll find anywhere online.
Sportsbetting.ag also offers a 50% welcome bonus of up to $1,000 for new bettors when you use the Sportsbetting.ag promo code SB1000. The sportsbook is also known for its extremely diverse betting market. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of competitions available for wagering on each primary market. There are likely more than 30,000 active contests on which you can place wagers. So you never miss an opportunity to cash in.
What we like:
- Generous welcome bonus
- A variety of sports to bet on
- Live in-play betting
- Sharp odds
What we don’t:
- Mobile betting needs improvement
5. XBet – New Maryland Online Sports Betting Site
The final sportsbook to make our top 5 is XBet, this is a new and impressive site for sports betting in Maryland. Whilst we know that the $500 welcome offer bonus is smaller than others, there are some great promos. If you are a horse racing fan, you can get up to 7% cash back, paid daily when you wager on any qualifying tracks, and unlimited referral bonuses each time you refer a friend.
XBet stands out for its vast coverage of international sports and college football, it also has the best and most favorable odds overall.
XBet accepts a wide range of crypto payments from Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash, but you can deposit using the more traditional credit and debit methods.
What we like:
- Wide coverage of international events
- Favourable odds
- Good horse racing promo
- Accepts a range of crypto payments
What we don’t:
- Smaller welcome bonus
More on gambling in Maryland…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Maryland in our expert guides below:
- Maryland Real Money Online Casinos
- Maryland Online Poker
- Maryland Online Gambling
- Maryland Betting Apps
- Maryland Horse Racing
Maryland Sportsbook Betting Sites Comparison
We have lifted the lid on the best Maryland sportsbooks, but let’s now compare the type of bonuses they offer:
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Live Streaming||Highlights|
|Betonline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||No||Large cash contests
High limit betting
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $3,125||INSIDERS||No||Tips and analysis articles
Generous loyalty program
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||No||Weekly betting contests
Bitcoin boost bonus
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||INSIDERS||Yes||Prop bet builder
Live sports streaming
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Racing rebate promo
Unlimited referral bonus
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||No||Free live betting promos
Big money NFL contests
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Daily rebate
Unlimited referral bonus
|Everygame||100% welcome bonus up to $150||3XBOOST50||No||$30,000 Wheel of Fortune
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Weekly $10,000 MLB contests
Weekly horse rebate
Who can Bet on Sports in MD
With mobile wagering not quite yet legal in MD, players can wager in-person at retail sportsbooks. To do so, you must be 21 years of age.
However, for those wanting to wager online between now and when mobile wagering does happen, offshore sportsbooks allow anyone 18 years of age or older to participate.
How to Bet on Sports in Maryland
If you are in Maryland and want to wager on your favorite sports, we recommend using any of the betting sites we have highlighted. Follow this steps to get started;
1. Create an Account
After locating the online sportsbook, you want to play at, complete the registration process. You will need to provide some personal information.
2. Explore Promotions
With your new account, check out the Promotions page to see what offers are available to you. The types of offers at your selected sportsbook could influence the deposit you make.
3. Make Deposit
After you’ve gathered information on the promotions, go to the deposit page. This is usually found in the upper right-hand corner of the home page when you’re logged into your account. Once here, there will be a list of methods to choose from. Complete the process.
4. Go Bet
You’re all set to bet. Go back to the home page, find what you’d like to bet on, and finalize it on the betslip, which will populate your choices.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Maryland
Sports betting is legal in MD, but only at retail sportsbooks.
As of April 2022, a disparity study is ongoing, determining how to proceed with mobile sports betting. That said, it’s just a matter of time before it is entirely legal.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Maryland
- HB 940: Passed in April 2021, this legalized sports betting in MD.
- SB 4: Passed in May of 2020, this bill dealt with sports betting licenses.
- HB 225: This bill allowed 16 sports betting licenses.
- H 1014: This bill discussed issuing sports betting licenses “only to the holder of a video lottery operation license or a license for mile thoroughbred racing or harness racing”. It progressed by 50%, but it died in the committee.
- H 989: Ultimately referred to the committee, this bill was drafted to study sports gaming in other states and make recommendations for implementation in MD.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Maryland
Maryland’s state income tax system has not changed since 2010, with eight brackets.
- Income of up to $1,000 is taxed at 2%
- Income of up to $2,000 is taxed at 3%
- Income of up to $3,000 is taxed at 4%
- Income of up to $100,000 is taxed at 4.75%.
- Income of up to $125,000 is taxed at 5%
- Income of up to $150,000 is taxed at 5.25%
- Income of up to $250,000 is taxed at 5.50%
- Income of more than $250,000 is taxed at 5.75%
Additionally, there is an 8.75% tax on gambling winnings in the state, though it explicitly says that it has to do with sports betting.
Payment Methods available in Maryland
Below, we will cover some more popular payment solutions for funding your sportsbooks account online.
Crypto Betting Options
Cryptocurrency is heavily incentivized, with some offshore sportsbooks offering additional perks and promos. Here are some of the top methods that are accepted.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
An eWallet works one of two ways: Funding your sportsbook account with the eWallet account or using your eWallet after it is linked with your bank account.
Here are the three most common options:
Traditional Payment Methods at Maryland Betting Sites
If you prefer not to use eWallets or cryptocurrency, there are many traditional methods to explore.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at Maryland Betting Sites
Online gambling has become more attractive because of the generosity of most gambling sites. Some gambling sites give away bonuses in cash while some give in free spins. Listed below are the types of bonuses given and how to get them.
You will receive a match on deposits up to a certain percentage and dollar amount at particular sportsbooks.
Using BetOnline as an example, you will receive a 50% match up to $1,000. The bonus funds you receive will not be withdrawable without completing the wagering requirements. At BetOnline, these requirements are 10x the bonus received.
So, if you deposit $200, you will receive $100. To access the $100 as withdrawable cash, you must wager $1,000 on the site.
Your account will always need a quick replenishment, and that’s what a reload bonus does.
This is another deposit bonus with lower percentage matches and overall bonus amounts than the welcome bonus version.
To access this, you must either opt-in to the offer on the promotions page or use the necessary promo code on the deposit page.
Risk-free bets allow you to make a bet up to a certain amount where, if the wager loses, you receive it back as site credit. You can wager this site credit as a second chance at winning money.
No Deposit Bonus
While it may only be $10 to $25, a no deposit bonus is a site credit added to your virtual wallet after simply creating an account. The bonus you receive typically has wagering requirements of just 1x.
Popular Sports to Bet on in Maryland
Maryland is home to some professional sports teams that have had success. Additionally, the colleges have produced some exceptional athletes as well.
Here, we will go over the most popular sports in MD.
NFL Betting in Maryland
Betting on the moneyline, spread, total, or props, you can’t go wrong betting at any of our recommended offshore sportsbooks when it comes to the NFL.
- Baltimore Ravens – Won Super Bowl XXXV in 2000 and XLVII in 2021.
- Washington Commanders – Despite the Washington name, the Commanders play in Landover, MD.
NBA Betting in Maryland
With no NBA teams in the state, the Washington Wizards are nearby in D.C. However, when it comes to betting on the NBA, you’ll bet on the same things as the NFL.
BetOnline offers the best markets for both the NBA and college basketball, including futures and props, and quickly releases odds for upcoming games.
MLB Betting in Maryland
Since its inception in 2011, Bovada has already been an excellent source for betting on MLB. Whether it’s the live betting interface or incredible odds, Bovada has you covered on all bet types, similar to the NBA and NFL.
- Baltimore Orioles – Three-time World Series Champions (1966, 1970, 1983)
NHL Betting in MD
Like the Wizards, the Washington Capitals are also located in nearby D.C. The NHL offers the same markets as the MLB, NFL, and NBA, and MyBookie provides some of the best odds on these games.
NCAAB Betting in MD
Going back to BetOnline, it is just the best spot to go to if you’re betting on basketball, bar none. The markets are the same as the NBA, but it gets more than intriguing during the NCAA March Madness Tournament.
- Maryland Terrapins – Won the National Championship in 2002.
NCAAF Betting in Maryland
Like the NFL, college football is also one of the more heavily wagered sports when the season rolls around. With that, the odds from sportsbook to sportsbook aren’t that different, and you can wager comfortably at any of our recommendations. In addition to the markets that are similar to the NFL, college football has futures wagers for multiple awards.
- Maryland Terrapins – Have produced excellent NFL talent, such as current Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs.
Golf Betting in Maryland
With so many big tournaments each year like The Masters, the sports betting world enjoys betting on golf as even the favorite golfers have odds in the +1000 territory.
Bovada offers excellent odds on all golfers but always seems to have some slightly better odds on competitors toward the top.
You will bet on outright winners and top-five, 10, 15, and 20 finishes with golf.
Horse Racing Betting in Maryland
Pari-mutuel wagering is legal in MD and is permitted at racetracks, off-track betting facilities, and advance deposit wagering providers.
From our list here, BetUS and BetOnline offer a wide array of races from all over the world where you will be able to be on these results: Win, place, show, exacta, daily double, picks 3-6, and more.
- Laurel Park
- Ocean Downs
- Rosecroft Raceway
DFS is Legal in MI
Daily fantasy sports, such as DraftKings and FanDuel, are legal in Maryland. After crafting a lineup for your favorite sport while staying under the salary cap, you can compete against small and large field competitions with millions of dollars up for grabs.
Live Betting with MD Sports Betting Sites
Live betting allows for you to wager on games actively in progress. At sites like BetOnline and Bovada, there are dedicated pages and interfaces for this kind of betting. The odds on contests actively in progress shift quickly, so act fast.
Bets that are Illegal in Maryland
There are no illegal sports bets in MD, as you can wager on college teams based in the state.
How Maryland Stacks Up to the Nearby States
MD is one of few states that can say it borders on states that all offer legal sports betting.
- Pennsylvania – One of the first states to legalize sports betting.
- Delaware – Has been involved with legal forms of gambling since 2012.
- Virginia – Sports betting is legal.
- West Virginia – Sports betting and iGaming are both legal.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Maryland
Retail sports betting was legalized in Maryland in 2021. There are numerous casinos to wager at, all of which have regulated sportsbook partners.
- Horseshoe Baltimore Casino (Caesars)
- Hollywood Casino Perryville (Barstool)
- Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland (FanDuel)
- MGM National Harbor (BetMGM)
- Ocean Downs Casino (DraftKings)
More on Maryland Gambling
If you’re interested in other forms of gambling at offshore sites beyond sports betting, our team has you covered—check out the links below.
Best Online Sportsbook in Maryland
In addition to its deposit bonus welcome offer, BetOnline offers ways to wager on things like eSports while also providing a user design and user interface experience that makes betting easy.
Of course, we all bet differently, so be sure to explore other recommended sportsbooks on this list.
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
Is online sports betting legal in Maryland?
What is the legal gambling age in Maryland?
Who oversees sports betting in Maryland?
Is mobile sports betting available in Maryland?
Where can I bet on sports in Maryland?